Assistant Coaching changes in the off season ?

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
As most of us know , Head Coaches are more like CEOs now. Collins appears to be a "loyalty" type guy.
By that I mean, he will give an Assistant a lot of rope until he just has to be let go.
Does anyone think Collins will make changes in the staff after this year ?
And if so, who ?

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
As most of us know , Head Coaches are more like CEOs now. Collins appears to be a "loyalty" type guy.
By that I mean, he will give an Assistant a lot of rope until he just has to be let go.
And if so, who ?
Too early. And even if it wasn’t too early, I doubt we see any big changes. If he does, it will be an indictment on him. We have been hearing since he started that this was the most massive transformation in history. If he goes and makes a coaching change seems to suggest there were other issues.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Coach P would be the only one I can see , but then again two things
1) Year one with an under developed o line , coach talked a while back about how as the offense develops the more plays they can introduce , especially the qb position
2 ) Collins and P'nut have a long history similar to one of cpjs early d coordinators . Will Collins be able to cut ties due to long history will.be interesting to see

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
I don’t think anyone will be fired. His excuse about the transformation for this horrible season will also apply for assistants. Plus it will be admitting that he made a mistake and that this season could have been better. Somebody may take another job but nobody will get fired

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
And if so, who ?
It’s an interesting question though. CGC seems like he could be a great CEO type if he can get the great assistants.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Would be funny if all us experts want to get rid of someone (especially after ONE season) and that coach turns out to be one of the best recruiters we have.

bmeGT

Jolly Good Fellow
The fact that this thread even exists is mind boggling. To give ANYONE less than 3 years in a new environment is asinine regardless of the outcome. In our case four years is likely the minimum before significant results are produced given the offense we are coming from.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I had this in the post about the turf guess it could go here and just replace the name and rewrite the words

I'll say we give the groundskeeper 3 years to get it right. It's not fair to judge him on only a short time. All I want to see is improvement each year now if it ain't better after year 3 than we need to replace him. It's just not his fault that the weather has been cold. I know what some you are going to say Tech doesn't have the money to get a 4 or 5 star groundskeeper like Alabama and Clemson but we can keep up the Duke and WF. I'm sorry get over it the old groundskeeper is gone, he hurt our recruiting not using more Blue and less gold and white but we all know we had a problem recruiting because not using colors these young recruits want. The days of players who didn't care are gone. I say give him the 3 years , if we fire him now our unemployment insurance will go up 3 %, laugh now but you won't when you go to the bathroom and have no paper towels to wash your hands you won't laugh , do you really want to be like uga and go to the bathroom and not wash your hands, we are Tech we wash our hands.

( Did I do this right )