As Bad as It Was

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Same story every week. Our linebackers are nonexistent. Even when we blitz more players than UNC can pick up the QB has 3 seconds and time to set his feet to throw. How on earth does that happen?

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
Not surprised by the stat. When the other team is averaging almost 10 yards per play, your secondary is gonna be the ones making the tackles.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Terrell Lewis was tied for 2nd in tackles against Duke. I don't remember seeing him at all against UNC.

Our most physically gifted LB was relegated to the sidelines. That about sums it up for me...

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Does anyone really think that the coaches aren't putting those they think give us the best opportunity to win?
Are you are practice sessions to see that?

Just curious if the comments are based off of insider knowledge or just a gut feel.

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
Does anyone really think that the coaches aren't putting those they think give us the best opportunity to win?
Are you are practice sessions to see that?

Just curious if the comments are based off of insider knowledge or just a gut feel.

I think our coaches rely too much on what guys do in practice. Some guys are great practice players but can't get it done when the lights are on. Other guys are just gamers.

What is clear is that the guys on the field aren't getting it done. I'm of the opinion that our defensive coordinator is as bad as there is, but I think part of that is not having the right personnel on the field.

Regardless of who the coaches think should start, we need to rotate players more than we do. We've got a 3 man rotation on the interior of our dline. They aren't effective when fresh, much less when they've been on the field the whole game.

3 guys I'd like to see a lot more are: Lewis, Adams, and Walker. Adams most of all. Sick of getting gashed in the run game and not pushing the pocket at all in the pass game.

Milwaukee

Banned
Roof could not coach a middle school team. Much less, a college team.

Please put this in your signature, maybe even a t shirt. Because I don't think the entire board knows what you think about Roof. Maybe remind everyone a little more than 4x per day in multiple threads. At that point it will click with your massive following .

Please put this in your signature, maybe even a t shirt. Because I don't think the entire board knows what you think about Roof. Maybe remind everyone a little more than 4x per day in multiple threads. At that point it will click with your massive following .
jmonty is a personal friend, and, although I have come to agree with his basic premise, even I think he has gone overboard with his comments

Milwaukee

Banned
jmonty is a personal friend, and, although I have come to agree with his basic premise, even I think he has gone overboard with his comments

Yea I should've just ignored his comments on the whole Roof scenario. He has every right to complain as we all do, even if we don't agree.

Monty, my apologies mate.

There was a lot of frustration on the board yesterday from everyone.