Article on our bud PH3 - The Athletic

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Got a great in-depth write up on Pressely in the Athletic:
‘Absolute unit’: Why everyone is talking about Georgia Tech punter Pressley Harvin III
https://theathletic.com/2075201/202...gia-tech-football/?source=user_shared_article

Excerpt of the story for me:

The Yellow Jackets clung to a 16-13 lead with a little more than two minutes remaining Saturday when Harvin punted a ball out of bounds at the Florida State 21-yard line. He hated the 37-yard kick. The moment it came off his foot, he knew he wanted a mulligan. He saw the flag on the field and knew an illegal formation penalty was going against the Yellow Jackets, but he figured Seminoles coaches would do the math in their heads and realize that a punter who averaged 44.8 yards a kick last season probably would negate the penalty yardage and then some if he progressed back toward his mean. So Harvin was as shocked as anyone when Florida State coach Mike Norvell accepted the penalty. “For some odd reason — I don’t know why — they let me kick it again,” Harvin said.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Pressley Harvin when he is good. But he sure seems to be incredibly inconsistent. If the 'Noles had not accepted that penalty, we might have been screwed. It sure seems to me that he has had some boner kicks at the most inopportune times the past couple of years. His first year, I don't think he had any like that.

GT_EE78

Banned
‘Absolute unit’: Why everyone is talking about Georgia Tech punter Pressley Harvin III
https://theathletic.com/2075201/202...gia-tech-football/?source=user_shared_article

The Yellow Jackets clung to a 16-13 lead with a little more than two minutes remaining Saturday when Harvin punted a ball out of bounds at the Florida State 21-yard line. He hated the 37-yard kick. The moment it came off his foot, he knew he wanted a mulligan. He saw the flag on the field and knew an illegal formation penalty was going against the Yellow Jackets, but he figured Seminoles coaches would do the math in their heads and realize that a punter who averaged 44.8 yards a kick last season probably would negate the penalty yardage and then some if he progressed back toward his mean. So Harvin was as shocked as anyone when Florida State coach Mike Norvell accepted the penalty. “For some odd reason — I don’t know why — they let me kick it again,” Harvin said.
Paywall

Adadu

Helluva Engineer

Everyone who's not a Tech fan thinks he's fat but it's obvious that this guy puts up numbers in the weight room. Maybe just not the best 40 time! haha

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Sorry about that - they do have a free 7 day trial and pretty good coverage. I have found it to be worth it. If people are interested my dad just signed up for it here:
Not a problem if it's information already available to the general public. I believe that quote was part of his post-game video interview, at least something similar was.

Lightbulb

Jolly Good Fellow
Everyone who's not a Tech fan thinks he's fat but it's obvious that this guy puts up numbers in the weight room. Maybe just not the best 40 time! haha

In my Fantasy Football chat, the guy I played last weekend actually put a screenshot of PH3 in the group and said, "Damn your punter is a beast!"

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
I love Pressley Harvin when he is good. But he sure seems to be incredibly inconsistent. If the 'Noles had not accepted that penalty, we might have been screwed. It sure seems to me that he has had some boner kicks at the most inopportune times the past couple of years. His first year, I don't think he had any like that.

Yeah, love him, but he needs to clean that up.

alagold

Helluva Engineer

He's big but an ATHLETE.I still think that his pass vs uM was the most important play of the yr and maybe the best pass. (hmmm, considering we now have a new QB)