Article for consideration

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
FSU went thug & imploded. Started way before crab legs, but think that may have been the pinnacle.

GT just does relatively routine things poorly & it pisses me off. Everything from ticketing to contracts. We should be making it easy & enjoyable for fans. I’ve sat thru the losing & embarrassments like Citadel and Furman, enjoyed the occasional great seasons & an incredible National Championship, witnessed unbelievable upsets that no one predicted & all I ask is GT runs a clean, honorable program that we can be proud of.

Not being able to figure out a concession line at an Institute that is #1 in the world in Industrial Engineering is outrageous, watching buttcrack U out-technology us or use statistical analysis to gain advantages on the field/court they should be patterning after ours, etc is maddening. We have a top notch business school and can’t run a business we own Is absurd.
Agree. I took my young kids to a football GT fan day a decade or so ago. It was so poorly run that I was shocked. And we haven’t been back to it. Been to spring games that were given less thought than your average high school game (running out of water in the shadow of Coke’s HQ). We all thought moving from Russell to Adidas was gonna be big. Maybe for the cash to the program, but to the fans it’s been close to worthless. The bookstore is blah. GT is just inept at realizing fans are the life blood. So the few we have we need to do things to draw them in and then bring in new ones. What they are doing for the spring game is just another missed opportunity to attract people to campus. I honestly believe that many at GT are purposely sabotaging any efforts in hopes to do away with sports down the road.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
It’s so annoying to find out about stuff like this on GTSWARM and not via someone reaching out to me from Stansbury & company. If I can get get personal letters & phone calls from the Presidential Scholarship group I certainly can get something from our AD or his team.
I get calls from the golf team and calls or letters from Presidents scholars. Keeps me engaged knowing they appreciate my donations even though I live 375 miles away.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
I've been an AT contributor for more than 30 consecutive years. I live too far from ATL to get season tickets. What does the GTAA do to show its appreciation? Nothing since Homer Rice retired. Did they offer me a spring game ticket? Nope. A window decal? Nope. Have I raised this issue with them? Yep. Did they respond? Nope. They do interrupt me at work by calling to ask for more money. When I ask them to call in the evening, they don't because it is clearly inconvenient for them.

Damn poor adminstration. I wonder why I give at all.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
I've been an AT contributor for more than 30 consecutive years. I live too far from ATL to get season tickets. What does the GTAA do to show its appreciation? Nothing since Homer Rice retired. Did they offer me a spring game ticket? Nope. A window decal? Nope. Have I raised this issue with them? Yep. Did they respond? Nope. They do interrupt me at work by calling to ask for more money. When I ask them to call in the evening, they don't because it is clearly inconvenient for them.

Damn poor adminstration. I wonder why I give at all.
Thanks for your support.