Article for consideration

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
Ok first I’ve heard of it. How are you marketing it to fans? (TIC)
It’s meant to be shared via personal connections and social media. Had good momentum and then COVID hit.

The fundamentals still apply. Need to broaden the base. GTAA has sucked for a long time in reaching out to anyone beyond the Tom Fannings, etc. There are a ton of us that never get asked. That’s where this comes in. Not waiting on GTAA. You sign up and then share with your network.

A bunch of smaller donations can add up to a lot and make a big difference, and it’s a recurring stream that the GTAA can rely on.

We’re working on relaunching the site.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Just for the record...as you all may know, I am a non-alum with 27 years of donating to Athletics, aka Tharpe fund at the Heisman plus level.....just so you know...lol...see you all Friday at Grant Field.
I love non-alumni fans or side-walk fans or friends of Tech or whatever you want to call yourselves. You guys probably have fewer issues than us that went there. Wish there were more of you.

I don't have to agree with your sentiment all the time to be happy your a Tech fan.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Already been done. It’s called GTFAM (Giving Tech Fifty a Month). Put it on a credit card and forget about it, like a utility bill. People piss away $50/month on stuff that we care a lot less about than GT football. Get on board.
It’s so annoying to find out about stuff like this on GTSWARM and not via someone reaching out to me from Stansbury & company. If I can get get personal letters & phone calls from the Presidential Scholarship group I certainly can get something from our AD or his team.

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
Already been done. It’s called GTFAM (Giving Tech Fifty a Month). Put it on a credit card and forget about it, like a utility bill. People piss away $50/month on stuff that we care a lot less about than GT football. Get on board.

It’s so annoying to find out about stuff like this on GTSWARM and not via someone reaching out to me from Stansbury & company. If I can get get personal letters & phone calls from the Presidential Scholarship group I certainly can get something from our AD or his team.
From what I can tell its completely on @684Bee who got it off the ground. Not a TSTAN special. Not sure if the program even has official connection to the GTAA.

deeznats

Jolly Good Fellow
It's even more annoying to have your own emails to them ignored. I'm not a huge donor, but between season tix and donations hit about $7k. Sent an email with some constructive advice about that 'Calendar Year Gift Summary` they send at the end of every year. It is neither a tax letter (includes Tech Fund donations which aren't deductible) nor a complete record of the gifts you gave (because it excludes gifts made from certain kinds of accounts like DAFs). So I just made a recommendation that they change it to either one or the other, because it is confusing at best currently. Crickets from them... not even an acknowledgement that I sent it.

TruckStick

Ramblin' Wreck
Fundraising could definitely use a structured, simple membership program. Maybe by making it unstructured Todd can fish for big money from the pool of millionaires. He has done a good job with that end. Clearly whatever he is doing is working because AI2020 got closed successfully

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
From what I can tell its completely on @684Bee who got it off the ground. Not a TSTAN special. Not sure if the program even has official connection to the GTAA.
I agree, but my friend and I who started this got tired of waiting on the GTAA, so we came up with this and approached them with it. We basically told them that we would do their job for them, just needed their help with the site and a little bit of sponsorship. We had a meeting with Todd, as well. Got agreement to give access (tours, etc.) for people who give.

Like I said, then Covid hit and squashed it.

We need to relaunch. Waiting on the new site. Our plan is that you can pick whether to give to football specifically, or to athletics in general. Then you just put it on a credit card and set it and forget it (like a utility bill).

Does this sound like something you gentlemen would want to participate in?

LibertyTurns

Banned
@684Bee Anything to help, just get frustrated we have an elite Institute with alums that have achieved great success in highly complex endeavors yet we can’t figure out how to run an athletic program. We’re not marketing people, so go hire some from the best places available. We tend not to be very artsy, so go where those people are and get some. Damn hire a lawyer that can negotiate contracts and not get hit with abusive penalties from the NCAA over trivial crap. Find someone that can run a ticket office.... pleeeeeeeease. I am a fan of Stansbury and still think he may be the guy but damn there’s too much crazy crap going on for my liking and not enough change. He’s gotta start moving the needle and pick up the low hanging fruit.

@684Bee Anything to help, just get frustrated we have an elite Institute with alums that have achieved great success in highly complex endeavors yet we can’t figure out how to run an athletic program. We’re not marketing people, so go hire some from the best places available. We tend not to be very artsy, so go where those people are and get some. Damn hire a lawyer that can negotiate contracts and not get hit with abusive penalties from the NCAA over trivial crap. Find someone that can run a ticket office.... pleeeeeeeease. I am a fan of Stansbury and still think he may be the guy but damn there’s too much crazy crap going on for my liking and not enough change. He’s gotta start moving the needle and pick up the low hanging fruit.
Liberty, I am a bit confused on your thoughts here. I think a lot of schools and fans look too much at Alabama and Clemson and try to believe we can be them. But frankly, with the exception of the last two years, our football program has been better than Auburn, Tennessee, South Carolina, Miami, UNC etc. And our overall sports has been better than many of the same. When you consider our requirements of academics on our athletes we are doing a pretty good job.

If you are pointing out ticket sales...well as I have said in the past...you need to go all the way back to the 60's and see our decline. Bobby Dodd created band day for when we played lower class teams.
In the world of TV it is amazing what we do get, and considering our location in proximity to a city that has issues.

Take a look at FSU and see their decline. It isn't money.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*

This was my name and idea. I didn’t know they started it

JacketRacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I agree, but my friend and I who started this got tired of waiting on the GTAA, so we came up with this and approached them with it. We basically told them that we would do their job for them, just needed their help with the site and a little bit of sponsorship. We had a meeting with Todd, as well. Got agreement to give access (tours, etc.) for people who give.

Like I said, then Covid hit and squashed it.

We need to relaunch. Waiting on the new site. Our plan is that you can pick whether to give to football specifically, or to athletics in general. Then you just put it on a credit card and set it and forget it (like a utility bill).

Does this sound like something you gentlemen would want to participate in?
I can help with the site too if there's any delays from that side (I'm sure there's a lot of CS people on this site, too). Would definitely be interested in donating when it's all open again too.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
I can help with the site too if there's any delays from that side (I'm sure there's a lot of CS people on this site, too). Would definitely be interested in donating when it's all open again too.
Thank you very much. I really appreciate that.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Liberty, I am a bit confused on your thoughts here. I think a lot of schools and fans look too much at Alabama and Clemson and try to believe we can be them. But frankly, with the exception of the last two years, our football program has been better than Auburn, Tennessee, South Carolina, Miami, UNC etc. And our overall sports has been better than many of the same. When you consider our requirements of academics on our athletes we are doing a pretty good job.

If you are pointing out ticket sales...well as I have said in the past...you need to go all the way back to the 60's and see our decline. Bobby Dodd created band day for when we played lower class teams.
In the world of TV it is amazing what we do get, and considering our location in proximity to a city that has issues.

Take a look at FSU and see their decline. It isn't money.
FSU went thug & imploded. Started way before crab legs, but think that may have been the pinnacle.

GT just does relatively routine things poorly & it pisses me off. Everything from ticketing to contracts. We should be making it easy & enjoyable for fans. I’ve sat thru the losing & embarrassments like Citadel and Furman, enjoyed the occasional great seasons & an incredible National Championship, witnessed unbelievable upsets that no one predicted & all I ask is GT runs a clean, honorable program that we can be proud of.

Not being able to figure out a concession line at an Institute that is #1 in the world in Industrial Engineering is outrageous, watching buttcrack U out-technology us or use statistical analysis to gain advantages on the field/court they should be patterning after ours, etc is maddening. We have a top notch business school and can’t run a business we own Is absurd.

FSU went thug & imploded. Started way before crab legs, but think that may have been the pinnacle.

GT just does relatively routine things poorly & it pisses me off. Everything from ticketing to contracts. We should be making it easy & enjoyable for fans. I’ve sat thru the losing & embarrassments like Citadel and Furman, enjoyed the occasional great seasons & an incredible National Championship, witnessed unbelievable upsets that no one predicted & all I ask is GT runs a clean, honorable program that we can be proud of.

Not being able to figure out a concession line at an Institute that is #1 in the world in Industrial Engineering is outrageous, watching buttcrack U out-technology us or use statistical analysis to gain advantages on the field/court they should be patterning after ours, etc is maddening. We have a top notch business school and can’t run a business we own Is absurd.
Ok, I get it. Good points.