Arrests coming due to college bball kickbacks

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
Level 1 is the most serious, and Level 2 is next. If everything has mitigating aspects, they could avoid a post season ban. A level 1 violation usually carries a 1-2 season post season ban. A level 2 violation could carry a postseason ban.

They could skate, but the odds look to be against it.

Penalties add up. If you had mitigating circumstances for the most serious violation but the more minor ones had aggravating factors, you could end up with serious penalties anyway.

This doc is all charts and tables, and explains some of how we got a postseason ban (I believe we were a more minor violation, but “aggravated”):
https://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/Att2_Penalty+Guideline+Matrix+(Version+6)_101212.pdf

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are they still on probation? If so, that's not good.

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
@RamblinRed whats your expectation here? Mine is nil
Nil is what I expect, so in that case our appeal needs to be upheld because schools are not being treated fairly or equally. NCAA is such a joke. Again, why is the NCAA being paid such a lion's share of the money made from college athletics?

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Not much will be my answer. They won't want to hit a blue blood too hard and Kansas appears to be ina mode of if NCAA goes after them they are going to fight back with all guns,.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
All I know is if I'm Adidas, I'm hitting all my contacts up for tangible proof of Nike and their shady deals. I'm packaging all the proof I get, and sending an anonymous package to all sports outlets, and wannabe famous sports writers on social media and let them have at it. Adidas is getting DRAGGED in this investigation and Nike is just sitting around high fiving each other. We all know Adidas wasn't running up hundreds of thousands of dollars in payments to recruits against themselves. Who's the other big shoe/apparel company?

Nike may not get into any trouble even with evidence (rumor is Nike was working with the Feds), but it at least lets everyone know the score...and I'm sure there's quite a few big name coaches that would get dragged with the Nike stuff.

MtnWasp

Ramblin' Wreck
I think a strategy is to string-out the process as long as possible. Schools want to delay, delay and delay so that the infractions become so distant as to be irrelevant from the public's point of view. The NCAA will certainly be complicit to protect a Gravy-Train program like Kansas.

So, the NCAA might come down with an initial penalty that looks substantial. Then I look for legal shenanigans, appeals and challenges, to delay serving the penalties. Then, when no one is looking, the NCAA will quietly decrease the penalties citing jurisdiction issues or backing down on some some legal technical issue that no one will quite understand.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
They will be punished in some way and there will be people who claim it is a slap on the wrist because it fits their narrative. That is one reason people hate the NCAA. They perceive they are tough on them and easy on everyone else. Well that and the NCAA does suck.
We need to have more than a beer