Army vs GA State

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
One, it’s not the Triple Option. That is one play that could be run out of multiple formations.

Two, when done well by a master, it is beautiful. no one could call a game in that offense the way CPJ did

Three, there are many people on this site who can appreciate the beauty of that option done right and well and be happy where we are now.

Four, it was easy to negatively recruit against.

Five, other coaches were successful in lobbying to have the rules changed to minimize its effectiveness.

Six, it was very successful at Tech when we had the right pieces.

Seven, you’re just trolling because you know there are and that on game day you’re trying to stir up ****.

Eight, I forget what 8 was for…

Nine, it was time to move on.

Ten, ten, ten, ten for everything, everything, everything…

Jim Prather

Helluva Engineer
Just wondering if there are any triple O fans still on the GT boards?
Yeah, I still miss it. I used to re-watch games just to watch the different blocking patterns in slow motion. I would tell people that it was like watching a mathematical equation play out on a football field.
I really enjoyed your offensive breakdowns of the games BTW...

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
That was beautifully written and rather .....rude... but what do I expect from the internet.

If I was trolling, I would have said, so how does it feel to run off a successful coach and win sub 500 every year? If I was trolling, I would have said how does it feel to lose to the very offense that you ran off. If I was trolling, I would wait till after game 2's outcome to come on the boards. That is trolling.

Asking if there are still triple O fans on the board is a simple question and nothing more. Plus it was its own thread under a topic of Army and Navy games that was moved here....

I would accept an apology.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
That was beautifully written and rather .....rude... but what do I expect from the internet.

If I was trolling, I would have said, so how does it feel to run off a successful coach and win sub 500 every year? If I was trolling, I would have said how does it feel to lose to the very offense that you ran off. If I was trolling, I would wait till after game 2's outcome to come on the boards. That is trolling.

Asking if there are still triple O fans on the board is a simple question and nothing more. Plus it was its own thread under a topic of Army and Navy games that was moved here....

I would accept an apology.
LOL! If you were a fan of a certain college band from Milwaukee back in the 80’s you would have understood the humor and non-rudeness of the way I was saying what I was saying. I could have used emojis to make sure you understood, but then it would have detracted from my lyric.

no offense intended.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I don't know @Longestday personally, but I do know his posting history. That guy is so far from a troll that it's funny someone would mistake any of his posts for trolling.

Let's not take every posts about the old offense and our old coach so personally. Nothing wrong with enjoying watching an offense (whether GT related or not).

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Yeah, I still miss it. I used to re-watch games just to watch the different blocking patterns in slow motion. I would tell people that it was like watching a mathematical equation play out on a football field.
I really enjoyed your offensive breakdowns of the games BTW...
Thank you, I miss doing the break downs and my favorite hobby of living breathing GT/CPJ football 24/7/365.

This Army/GS game has been fun to watch. They look on point this year.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
LOL! If you were a fan of a certain college band from Milwaukee back in the 80’s you would have understood the humor and non-rudeness of the way I was saying what I was saying. I could have used emojis to make sure you understood, but then it would have detracted from my lyric.

no offense intended.
Oh, I apologize, I thought it was real lol.

I do hope GT wins every game this year ... 100%.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I don't know @Longestday personally, but I do know his posting history. That guy is so far from a troll that it's funny someone would mistake any of his posts for trolling.

Let's not take every posts about the old offense and our old coach so personally. Nothing wrong with enjoying watching an offense (whether GT related or not).
Agreed. See my response to him/her/they/picture of a vegetable.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
On another GT related note, Army's DC is our former DC Nate Woody. Really neat to watch him attack GA State. Multiple sacks and an interception. Attacks from all angles.

One thing I really would have liked to see was how Woody would have done with multiple recruiting classes of "his guys".

Jim Prather

Helluva Engineer
Thank you, I miss doing the break downs and my favorite hobby of living breathing GT/CPJ football 24/7/365.

This Army/GS game has been fun to watch. They look on point this year.
Did you see where Army had 42 (!) minutes time of possession - 24 minutes TOP more than Ga State. That's absurd... And a lot of what makes this offense so much fun to watch... You get the ball back with 7 minutes left in a one score game and you already know that the game is over...

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Did you see where Army had 42 (!) minutes time of possession - 24 minutes TOP more than Ga State. That's absurd... And a lot of what makes this offense so much fun to watch... You get the ball back with 7 minutes left in a one score game and you already know that the game is over...

When we played against UT in 2017, we had 41+ minutes to UT's 18+ minutes...but somehow found a way to lose the game.

Being a GT fan is an exercise in self flagellation.