Arkansas-Pine Bluff

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
These guys are 2-1. They have had their last 5 games cancelled due to weather (snow mostly, I think). So... a half-full guy will say they will be rusty and all out of sorts due to the fits/starts of such a schedule. A half-empty guy will say they will be rested and hungry and more intelligent...blah blah blah. I go with "rusty" and ripe for a stomping at the hands of the Jackets!

Weather seems to be good for baseball Tuesday afternoon in Atlanta.

Nearly impossible to find any info on what Ark-PB brings competition-wise.

We've been led to believe Connor Thomas will start. I hope he doesn't or only goes for about 35 pitches and we have a good staff night.

Some early season highlights for Ga Tech...statistically:

-Ranked top 10 nationally in: Slugging % (.563) & Home Runs (13)
-Ranked top 25 nationally in: Batting Avg (.329) & Hits (83)
-Chase Murray is 8th nationally in BA (.567)
-Chase Murray is 3rd nationally in Hits (17)
-Ranked 80th nationally in K/BB (2.61) - I LOVE this stat!!...enormous improvement over last year (1.52)

GO JACKETS!!

dawgbasher

Jolly Good Fellow
Careful with the Kool-Aid Fred. Clemson coming up shortly ....... at Clemson. I will wait until after that series to make any announcements concerning noticeable improvements. ACC play is what it is all about. We're gonna find out a lot in that series. If you have never been to a game at Clemson you should go. Great college facilities and they draw quite a few fans. Easy drive from Atlanta, 2 hours at most. Going with one of the player's grandfather and staying on Lake Keowee for the series. Hope I am proven wrong about this team and their talent level. We will see here very shortly.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Careful with the Kool-Aid Fred. Clemson coming up shortly ....... at Clemson. I will wait until after that series to make any announcements concerning noticeable improvements. ACC play is what it is all about. We're gonna find out a lot in that series. If you have never been to a game at Clemson you should go. Great college facilities and they draw quite a few fans. Easy drive from Atlanta, 2 hours at most. Going with one of the player's grandfather and staying on Lake Keowee for the series. Hope I am proven wrong about this team and their talent level. We will see here very shortly.
Yeah...thanks for the reminder; but there's no Kool Aid in there...what this team is IS still TBD, for sure. The ACC is what it is all about... and Clemson (et al) are far better teams than Dartmouth. I'd imagine, if you want to troll the Tiger fans... every time something bad happens for them (assuming bad things will happen at some point), just say something like, "Leggett would have never let that happen" (y)

THWG

Helluva Engineer
We need to win this game tomorrow and stay on a roll. As for the Clemson series, as long as we play competitively in every game and at least win 1/3 then I'll call it a success. I'll expect more than that later in the season, but that is a tough series to start out ACC play.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
..... I'd imagine, if you want to troll the Tiger fans... every time something bad happens for them (assuming bad things will happen at some point), just say something like, "Leggett would have never let that happen" (y)

Clemson will clemson. That's all you need to say.

Concerning the most important game of the year, our next game, here's where SWAC A-PB has played and record this year: https://d1baseball.com/team/arkansaspb/

D1 picks them to finish 3rd in the Western Division of SWAC.

A-PB had a 15-31 record last year and RPI of 283. (There were only 298 teams, so they were better than 15!)

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Clemson will clemson. That's all you need to say.

Concerning the most important game of the year, our next game, here's where SWAC A-PB has played and record this year: https://d1baseball.com/team/arkansaspb/

D1 picks them to finish 3rd in the Western Division of SWAC.

A-PB had a 15-31 record last year and RPI of 283. (There were only 298 teams, so they were better than 15!)
What a difference a year...plus 3 games...makes (tic). A-PB is above us in the RPI right now. They are all the way up to top 100 (#96). :)
http://warrennolan.com/baseball/2018/rpi-live

65Jacket

GT Athlete
I believe A-PB has a very highly rated pitcher, and they were washed out of a weekend series. Therefore, we will face him, which could be a problem.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I believe A-PB has a very highly rated pitcher, and they were washed out of a weekend series. Therefore, we will face him, which could be a problem.

Pitcher for PB gone after 5 hits and 5 outs

Only up 2-0 after 2 innings Thomas has been solid, very solid.

Highlight is listening to Jim Poole talk about pitching.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Anyone have a clue what happened on the pickoff at 1st? A lot of talk. No real complaint just confusion

Deleted member 2897

GT up 3-0 in bottom of 4th. Runners at 1st and 3rd with Chase Murray up and 1 Out. ArkPineBluff changes pitchers again. This is where we can put the game out of reach! Go Jackets!

Edit: Murray singled in an RBI, 4-0, still with only 1 out. Bart at the plate.

Edit #2: Bart struck out on a full count. I has a sad. But Murray stole second. 2 outs, men on 2nd and 3rd. Tristan English up.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Connor should be done after 5. 35/51 so about 70% strikes. NO walks, NO hit batters, NO wild pitches and 6 SOs. He did give up a hit though.:(

Up 4-0 B5 and the game seems out of reach. I shouldn't be so complacent, but ........ this is nice.
That is such an efficient pitching performance for a starter. Just awesome!

Deleted member 2897

Connor should be done after 5. 35/51 so about 70% strikes. NO walks, NO hit batters, NO wild pitches and 6 SOs. He did give up a hit though.:(

Up 4-0 B5 and the game seems out of reach. I shouldn't be so complacent, but ........ this is nice.

Yea, in college a 4 run inning seems very common.