Arizona HC Search and Pastner Implications

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Are they the half hour singles?
20210328_114921.jpg

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
Seems like we won't need this thread for too long.

It may evolve into a discussion of what the framework of CJPs new contract will look like. Just read that Lloyd will get just under $2.9M/year as a first time head coach. Not bad.

GT_EE78

Banned
It may evolve into a discussion of what the framework of CJPs new contract will look like. Just read that Lloyd will get just under $2.9M/year as a first time head coach. Not bad.
or a "what if" if they had offered...
Maybe Sean Miller could have been cost efficient, i seem to recall some testimoney that he could double as his own bagman.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Gonzaga boards are saying Lloyd was expected to take the job and had a general agreement on terms last night but is now having 2nd thoughts about whether to take the job.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Nothing to see here outside of a courtesy interview. Lloyd was the target the entire way.

IMO the Pastner interview was a combination of a courtesy one, a back up's back up type of thing, and a "just in case we have to make this decision in a couple years" type of thing.

That’s one of the more dumb opinions I’ve read yet. Who would actually want Miller, not who wouldn’t, LOL.

Are you confusing Wes Miller with either Sean or Archie?

Deleted member 2897

IMO the Pastner interview was a combination of a courtesy one, a back up's back up type of thing, and a "just in case we have to make this decision in a couple years" type of thing.

Are you confusing Wes Miller with either Sean or Archie?

Nope. Who would want any of those 3 here.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
So who's on your list? Top of my list just got hired at BC, so I need a new candidate.

Would love to hear your ideas.
And he was a terrible fit at BC btw...
Miller is the logical target if Pastner were to depart.

I guess you could golden parachute a coach...again. But I insist that we stop effing doing that