Are we ready for the heat?

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Forecast is 83 degrees, 85% humidity and 60% chance of thunderstorms. That actually might be a break for us. I am expecting a temperature in the 90's with humidity in the 90% area and no rain. I hope we get the actual forecast but think we will get what I expect. If so, it will come down to a battle of attrition. I hope we are in good shape and hydrate appropriately. A good game to watch on TV inside your air conditioned home, mask or no mask.

Go Jackets!

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Forecast is 83 degrees, 85% humidity and 60% chance of thunderstorms. That actually might be a break for us. I am expecting a temperature in the 90's with humidity in the 90% area and no rain. I hope we get the actual forecast but think we will get what I expect. If so, it will come down to a battle of attrition. I hope we are in good shape and hydrate appropriately. A good game to watch on TV inside your air conditioned home, mask or no mask.

Go Jackets!
That's the first thing I thought when I saw the 3:30 time. "Just in time for the afternoon rain!" :cool:

Go Jackets!
Forecast for a little over a week away? LOTS of things can change in Florida in a week.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
That's the first thing I thought when I saw the 3:30 time. "Just in time for the afternoon rain!" :cool:

Down here it can happen anytime...or get nothing at all. A week ago we were forecast here in Albany to have only a 20% chance of rain with the unbearable heat index. Instead, a thunderstorm developed that did not look like that much on radar but it rained, and rained and rained. It did not move until it rained itself out as they will sometimes do We got about 2 inches of rain in a couple of hours. Crazy. As for hydration, they need to be running in the heat and try to get used to it. Every Saturday morning I play tennis and its OK the first hour but by noon we are wilting in 90 degree heat and a heat index over 100.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Yeah I live in the Columbia, SC area. I played golf yesterday and the heat index was about 105 degrees. Had to drop out after 10 holes. I'm 71 and not in as good a shape as our young men but I tell you that kicked my arse! Today it's 110 degree heat index. I have not been out the door today. I just know early September football anywhere in the South is no place for the weak in mind, spirit or body.

Go Jackets!