Are GA Hs Head Football coaches paid well?

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Go to the interactive map in this article and touch the green balloon on the far northeast corner of the state to see how much former GT QB Jaybo Shaw’s and former South Carolina QB Connor Shaw’s daddy (Lee Shaw) is making at Rabun County High School. Wow!

Thanks for the link. Great read!

presjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Go to the interactive map in this article and touch the green balloon on the far northeast corner of the state to see how much former GT QB Jaybo Shaw’s and former South Carolina QB Connor Shaw’s daddy (Lee Shaw) is making at Rabun County High School. Wow!

Thanks for the link. Great read!
I thought I read somewhere recently that Jaybo is taking over next year because his father is retiring.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
No surprise that Georgia is putting out some of the best HS talent. At every level, money talks. I went to a tiny private school and our football coach was also the PE teacher and the Athletic Director. Bet he didn't make 30k. lol

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
Like who? Only the private schools possibly because they aren't subject to open records request. I am surprised that none of the Gwinnett County schools are listed given the success there.

As a general rule of thumb, highest paid coaches come from city school districts and counties with only 1 high school. Much easier for those areas to sway salaries towards the higher end and get the coaches they want. Counties like Gwinnett and Cobb, you’d never get the board to justify paying the north Gwinnett coach $140k and the central Gwinnett coach $75K. If you are city school like Buford or Rome or Cartesville you can do what you want, a big reason why those schools always have great programs...they pump more money in

Animal02

Banned
I thought I saw Patrick Suddes post on Twitter that it is now 2 in every 5 GT grads are millionaires.

To me that seems more plausible than 1 in 5.
It is those architect grads pulling it down. :D
Being a millionaire is not what it used to be. It is not that hard to obtain that level of assets if you don’t try to live like a millionaire before you become one. ;)

presjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I’m

I’m surprised Coach Propst from Colquitt County hasn’t been picked up by an SEC school, Cesspool Community College included. He seems to have the proper disregard for ethics they passionately embrace.
He was going to go to Tennessee with Jeremy Pruitt because Pruitt used to work for Propst, but the NCAA made a rule about you can't hire a high school coach for two years after signing a player from that school, so that put a damper on it.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
It is those architect grads pulling it down. :D
Being a millionaire is not what it used to be. It is not that hard to obtain that level of assets if you don’t try to live like a millionaire before you become one. ;)
Invest early and often. Take advantage of the tax laws. It can be done even on an engineers salary.