Apparel Issue

JACKET26

Georgia Tech Fan
I saw the Toddcast when they asked him about this - but let’s face it - there’s been minimal apparel available since New Years. Everything CGC wears - people want it. Yes - you can make the following arguments:

1) New apparel will be coming out this fall so they haven’t released it yet
2) GT doesn’t control it as easily and it’s up to Adidas and the Retailers
3) Adidas doesn’t need us like we need them so what’s their incentive

However -

When T-Stan said it’s up the retailers and Adidas - he also indirectly said he didn’t give a crap about the fans who keep asking for some of this apparel. Someone should be able to speak to Adidas a lot more than they are now and be able to dictate (to a degree) some of the top 5-10 demanded items and ensure there is supply. I just think it’s a major gap that the AA has missed. We need money. We want to sell more apparel for branding and marketing - and it appears on the surface nobody high up gives a crap. Someone between GT and Adidas need to talk - and fast. Fans are becoming annoyed, and eventually don’t care after time has surpassed so long, so they give up.

Heck - the GT bookstore has said for 2 months that the “T” hat was on the way. Still nothing. If they ran a private company - most people would have been fired by now.

#RantOver

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
We are relying on a nerd bookstore for our sports apparel instead of a GT sports gear store.

Find an accessible, located on campus, free parking facility for such. Hopefully at the expense of taxpayer cheating sleezeball like Peterson, and so called Hillnerds that think their stuff don’t stink.

Put them in a hell hole of an office facility elsewhere on campus and demand they produce under such conditions.

Adidas will deliver and GT will make $.

crut

Helluva Engineer
Was at the ****'s in Buckhead today. Buckhead is the only place possibly in the world, other than Midtown, that there are clearly more GT people than any other university.

Looked at things on all 3 floors. I always keep an eye out for GT stuff in case they have something I haven't seen. They had a total of 1 GT item.

herb

Helluva Engineer
Was at the bookstore on campus Saturday. They had some decent stuff, BUT can we please go back to fitted hats. When new era made the hats, they fit. Now we have one size fits most in three sizes, that don’t really fit anyone, And they only order like one xl/xxl and when it sells tough cookies. Oh and the “T” hat is still “on the way”

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
My wife and I went to the bookstore this weekend. Reading this board, you'd think their adidas section looked like the bread aisle of Kroger after a forecast of snow flurries. In reality, there was an ample of amount of adidas items -- t-shirts, pullovers, hats, baby stuff, etc. Definitely appeared to be more adidas than Nike and UA in the store. Seems like some people go there, don't see the one item or size they want and declare the whole deal a disaster.

The charge that TS "doesn't give a crap about the fans" is way off base. It's similar to those who argue that TS should demand The Hill add a sports management major. Just because you know the people involved does not mean you have the leverage to get whatever you want. TS cannot call the president of adidas, a multi-billion dollar company, and say, "Hey, I've gotten 10 emails about people wanting a certain hat. Please manufacture it and force retailers to buy it."

Retail is a DATA-DRIVEN business. Adidas determines what they want to produce, retailers determine what they want to order. GTAA (as is the case with pretty much every school) is not in the middle of that process. Some people equate this with complaining about a cold hot dog at a game.

herb

Helluva Engineer
My wife and I went to the bookstore this weekend. Reading this board, you'd think their adidas section looked like the bread aisle of Kroger after a forecast of snow flurries. In reality, there was an ample of amount of adidas items -- t-shirts, pullovers, hats, baby stuff, etc. Definitely appeared to be more adidas than Nike and UA in the store. Seems like some people go there, don't see the one item or size they want and declare the whole deal a disaster.

The charge that TS "doesn't give a crap about the fans" is way off base. It's similar to those who argue that TS should demand The Hill add a sports management major. Just because you know the people involved does not mean you have the leverage to get whatever you want. TS cannot call the president of adidas, a multi-billion dollar company, and say, "Hey, I've gotten 10 emails about people wanting a certain hat. Please manufacture it and force retailers to buy it."

Retail is a DATA-DRIVEN business. Adidas determines what they want to produce, retailers determine what they want to order. GTAA (as is the case with pretty much every school) is not in the middle of that process. Some people equate this with complaining about a cold hot dog at a game.

I agree, there were a lot of good things. They had a good selection of shirts and other apparel; they had all the varieties of baseball jerseys and they were nice.

GoGATech

Jolly Good Fellow
Some of you people are a joke too especially talking about "5-10 demanded items." If you don't know, there are certain items that are team issue and will only ever be team issue. Thats the exclusivity of it. Just like the 404 hats and backpacks for the donations on 404 day. You have people insisting they'll be pissed if that merch is ever sold to public. Same goes for certain team issued items, they like the exclusivity of being the only ones to have it. Its like that everywhere.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
It is supply and demand. Does GT have some passionate fans who don't mind laying out some $$ for quality merchandise (especially in gold)? Unfortunately, although we are a loud and boisterous bunch, our numbers are very low compared to not only factories, but even schools like George Mason.

BuckeyeJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I saw the Toddcast when they asked him about this - but let’s face it - there’s been minimal apparel available since New Years. Everything CGC wears - people want it. Yes - you can make the following arguments:

1) New apparel will be coming out this fall so they haven’t released it yet
2) GT doesn’t control it as easily and it’s up to Adidas and the Retailers
3) Adidas doesn’t need us like we need them so what’s their incentive

However -

When T-Stan said it’s up the retailers and Adidas - he also indirectly said he didn’t give a crap about the fans who keep asking for some of this apparel. Someone should be able to speak to Adidas a lot more than they are now and be able to dictate (to a degree) some of the top 5-10 demanded items and ensure there is supply. I just think it’s a major gap that the AA has missed. We need money. We want to sell more apparel for branding and marketing - and it appears on the surface nobody high up gives a crap. Someone between GT and Adidas need to talk - and fast. Fans are becoming annoyed, and eventually don’t care after time has surpassed so long, so they give up.

Heck - the GT bookstore has said for 2 months that the “T” hat was on the way. Still nothing. If they ran a private company - most people would have been fired by now.

#RantOver

Todd doesn't have control over this. He is at the mercy of Adidas and retailers. Todd can't make them do anything they don't want to do.

Does he have influence? Sure, but that doesn't mean they will bend over backwards for him.

Your anger is misguided. To say Todd doesn't give a crap about fans that want new Adidas apparel is a stretch that you're trying to fit into your narrative.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
1. I believe GT has a T Shirt screen printer in our equipment room. Pretty much all of the printed T Shirts our coaches wear with the unique "messages" are made in house. Blame that one on our coaches making T Shirts that everyone wants, but not any for the fans.

2. Adidas running out of inventory is not a GT problem...it's an Adidas problem WORLDWIDE. For those that don't know, GT has partnered with the most sought after sportswear maker on the planet right now. Adidas can't make merchandise fast enough. I posted this in another thread: https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/com...e-enough-sportswear-to-meet-demand/ar-AAAQQPP

Double edge sword. On one side, GT is finally in the "cool" category. On the other side, there's not enough stock to satisfy all of us.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
We haven’t been in this deal for a year yet. I’m sure Adidas is going to mass produce GT merch. We probably have the smallest fan base of all the tier 1 Adidas schools. If they know there’s a demand they’ll make more. Literally makes no sense to put a ton of stuff out if it sat on shelves. By football season I’d expect to see a lot more. We will be into year 2 and there a buzz around the program too. I’m frustrated but I’m not pulling my Russell gear back out just yet!

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
If many, many people request GT gear at local retailers, the chances that they will order it. If a retailer orders GT gear and it flies off the shelf within a week of arriving at the store, they will order more.

I know people don't want to admit it, but GT merchandise does not sell well. If ****'s only has one GT item, it is a safe bet that if you go to that store in 3 months, that it will still be there and none of them would have sold. I have said many times that there are still Blu-Rays at my local Walmart of the 2014 Orange Bowl. Stupid mutt merchandise sells very well. Cheap parkas, crock pots, cheap slippers, table lamps, etc. Videos of one of the best games during one of the best years for GT recently haven't sold in 4 years. If GT fans want GT merchandise, the GT fans need to purchase GT merchandise when it is available, not complain that it isn't "the" item they were looking for or that it is too expensive.