App State & Satterfield play today at noon...

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
against Louisiana in the 2018 Sun Belt Conference Championship Game on ESPN. A great opportunity to watch Coach Satterfield’s offense in action.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Well, hopefully Nate Woody can help talk him into coming to Georgia Tech. That is, if AD Todd Stansbury decides to make Satterfield his no. 1 target.

However, I’m still not sure Satterfield and his family would want to pull up their roots in western North Carolina and move to a large city like Atlanta.

We’ll just have to wait and see.

By the way, I’m beginning to think CPJ made a strategic move to hire Nate Woody last year. It could bee that CPJ really appreciates Satterfield’s offensive system, and by hiring Woody he might have been thinking about “retirement” with the aim of GT hiring Satterfield as his replacement all along. Just my guess ... or unverified hunch ... or whatever you may want to call it.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
Too bad we haven’t even contacted him and he already has interview with Louisville tomorrow

I have a bad feeling we are passifying the donors with our interview choices and that is going to lead to bottom fishing. Maybe Scott has no interest in coming here, I have no idea, but I think his offense is the best fit for the players we can get.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
It’s also possible that the GT AD has already placed a quiet — and unpublicized — phone call to Mr. Satterfield.

Again, just my hunch and a strong internal feeling on my part, nothing more.

Anything is possible.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
I have a bad feeling we are passifying the donors with our interview choices and that is going to lead to bottom fishing. Maybe Scott has no interest in coming here, I have no idea, but I think his offense is the best fit for the players we can get.
Can someone explain this reasoning to me? I don’t want Ken Whisenhunt, either, but don’t the heavy donors have a greater vested interest in this? I can’t seem to follow the thinking that gets you from pacifying donors to making a bad decision.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Not sure both Satterfield and Woody would want to go to Louisville, because they both are men of integrity and character. Georgia Tech and AD Stansbury have a lot more integrity and character than Louisville does.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
Can someone explain this reasoning to me? I don’t want Ken Whisenhunt, either, but don’t the heavy donors have a greater vested interest in this? I can’t seem to follow the thinking that gets you from pacifying donors to making a bad decision.
There are several vacancies around the country, so if you interview people you don’t want to hire to passify donors then you are wasting time that could be spent with your top candidate. And that candidate may end up elsewhere. It is the same principle in recruiting talent for teams in workplace. I hope I am wrong and TStan has a better grip on this than it appears. CKW could be his top candidate in which case that is where he is spending his time. I have no inside knowledge, but I have built a lot of teams over the years. I can tell you that wasting time with candidates you don’t want is a huge mistake.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Too bad we haven’t even contacted him and he already has interview with Louisville tomorrow
Andy's wife and Woody's wife travel together to away games. Andy may have been on hot seat for championing J Thomas early in season and for the less than stellar play of MLB. I know he was not pleased the defense struggled so badly in pass pro.