Film Room App St v uga 3 and out 1

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Got to love the pass rush. Frantic!

After the pass is thrown , notice how fast the dl guys peel back to head down field. Hair on fire!

On defense - lots of playing time for the backups will pay off by mid season and for future years in recruiting. A 4 +star player can come to Tech and have a great chance to see the field day one. Start getting 1 or 2 of them each a year and the defense will be salty.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
UGA just needed to line up and run it down their throats. They were trying to be to fancy. That said App State was beating their blocks early on. I hope GT will be able to out quick UGA’s massive line.

BLKJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
The last video they are. Just want to bring everyone back down to earth. The dwags won that game 31-10. We're going to be improved defensively this year, but we're going have some growing pains too.

Well GA put up 38 on us so the fact that App ST held them to 31 with less talent should make us pretty optimistic. But I do agree we'll probably have growing pains.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
The last video they are. Just want to bring everyone back down to earth. The dwags won that game 31-10. We're going to be improved defensively this year, but we're going have some growing pains too.
No doubt there will be growing pains. I don’t think anyone is saying there won’t. People saying they are excited about something they are seeing is different than saying we will have no growing pains.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Well GA put up 38 on us so the fact that App ST held them to 31 with less talent should make us pretty optimistic. But I do agree we'll probably have growing pains.

uga's punter was playing QB most of the second half of the App St game. They didn't put their scrubs in against us quite that early, and as always, were actively trying to embarrass us unlike their performance in the App St game. I wouldn't try to draw direct comparisons based on score/stats.

That being said, as @Longestday points out in the film, the D was aggressive and did well considering how vast the talent differential was.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
A couple points:
(1) App St drove starting QB out of the game, and new QB did different things.
(2) georgie went to HUNH basically which kept certain AppSt guys on the field.

For an outgunned team, AppSt played well

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
@Augusta_Jacket this was the first half of the game when all starters were in... They also played enough series to equal 75% of one of GTs games. The App St offense gave the defense very little rest.

On the other hand, this was early in the year and uga was not firing on all cylinders yet. App St did uga the biggest favor in fouling/injuring their QB. The other QB was significantly better and the change caused no locker room.

On a general note, I am not trying to prove anything with these posts. I am just looking at potential, but we all know proof is in the pudding.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
@Augusta_Jacket this was the first half of the game when all starters were in... They also played enough series to equal 75% of one of GTs games. The App St offense gave the defense very little rest.

On the other hand, this was early in the year and uga was not firing on all cylinders yet. App St did uga the biggest favor in fouling/injuring their QB. The other QB was significantly better and the change caused no locker room.

On a general note, I am not trying to prove anything with these posts. I am just looking at potential, but we all know proof is in the pudding.

My response wasn't directed at you. I agree with everything you said. I was responding to the poster that was comparing the APP St defense to ours by comparing the points allowed in the individual games.

As to the qb issue at uga I agree. Eason getting hurt allowed uga to insert the better QB for the season without all the locker room drama. Win/win for everyone but Eason.

BLKJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
My response wasn't directed at you. I agree with everything you said. I was responding to the poster that was comparing the APP St defense to ours by comparing the points allowed in the individual games.

As to the qb issue at uga I agree. Eason getting hurt allowed uga to insert the better QB for the season without all the locker room drama. Win/win for everyone but Eason.
Eh I wasn't really trying to compare the two defenses. I was just trying to make a point that there's still reason for optimism even if GA put up 31 on them. Maybe that was the wrong way to make that point.

I'll give you that scrubs we're playing in the second half (although Fromm played well into the 4th). I just think we should give App St a little credit for how they looked in the first half.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
We will be a better defensive team and the videos give us a taste of positive things to come. I'm am concerned about our linebackers and breaking in an almost new defensive backfield. We'll probably see some missed assignments that might result in some big plays, but once the team gets more experience, well I'm excited.

Gtech50

Ramblin' Wreck
We will be a better defensive team and the videos give us a taste of positive things to come. I'm am concerned about our linebackers and breaking in an almost new defensive backfield. We'll probably see some missed assignments that might result in some big plays, but once the team gets more experience, well I'm excited.
I agree but what we lack in experience we make up for in talent. I think our DBs are more athletic than ever under CPJ. Tariq has been called a future top NFL Safety prospect by multiple teammates and I think some of the freshmen coming in have a chance to compete for a starting job (especially King and J. Thomas). I'm excited to see these guys get after it. Then next couple of years have a chance to be some of the best we've seen under CPJ and it finally feels like the D will start to get on the same level as the O in terms of performance. Hopefully they execute and meet our lofty expectations.