AP Poll - Week of 9/13/15

TechnicalPossum

Ramblin' Wreck
Going into the week, we were ranked #15.

Since then,

#1, #2, and #3 won with little fanfare
#4 Baylor is currently playing Lamar
#5 Michigan State and #7 Oregon played each other
#6 Auburn needed OT to beat Jacksonville State
#8 USC has Idaho
#9 Notre Dame pulled one out of thin air against Virginia
#10 Georgia benched their starting QB and beat Vandy by 17
#11 FSU and #12 Clemson won solidly
#13 UCLA plays UNLV
#14 LSU plays #25 Miss State

Also of note:
#16 Texas A&M is handling Ball State currently
#17 Ole Miss won 73-21
#18 Arkansas lost to Toledo

So, if there are no upsets above us (Obviously MSU or Oregon has to lose) and A&M wins, where do we end up ranked next week?

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Barring upsets I don't think we'll move up any I don't see Auburn dropping 10 spots after a win.

GTMD

Georgia Tech Fan
Auburn will move up to #5 because of their incredibly gutsy win. Arkansas drops to #19 due to very close loss against MAC powerhouse Toledo. Missouri down to Ark St right now but should move up 5-6 slots because they are in SEC and will field a team next week. Ole Miss will leap frog us because they are SEC team

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
Auburn will move up to #5 because of their incredibly gutsy win. Arkansas drops to #19 due to very close loss against MAC powerhouse Toledo. Missouri down to Ark St right now but should move up 5-6 slots because they are in SEC and will field a team next week. Ole Miss will leap frog us because they are SEC team
Pretty much spot on. Needless to say I don't care about polls.

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck

Sad, but likely true. J/K. We all understand the *******ery that is the preseason poll. All of us asked why Allburn and Arky should be in. Today is proving it to be a farce. I don't see GT getting jumped by anybody with the way they won. If anything, perhaps GT should be doing the jumping back to the Top 10 where they finished the season last year.

thwgjacket

I could see ND falling a couple of spots with the loss of Zaire. Auburn should fall about 4-5 spots after needing OT vs JSU, and with Louisville losing at home to Houston. They won't though. I could easily see A&M jump us. Kind of hope MSU can complete this comeback against LSU just to see if they vault from 25 to in front of us.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
<sarcasm>

1. Bama because tOSU struggled
2. tOSU
3. TCU
4. Auburn Gutsy win
5. Baylor win wasn't as gutsy as Auburns
6. Michigan State
7. uga handled adversity well
8. LSU beat former 2014 #1 team
9. Texas A&M undefeated baby!!!
10. Ole Miss Because I'm sure 6 teams in the top 10 would be a record...
11. USC Plays on the wrong coast
12. Notre Dame Madia still loves 'em
13. FSU loses two spots for winning by less than 40
14. UCLA
15. Mizzou Another gutsy win against a cupcake
16. GT Merely to generate a ranked match up for next week.

</sarcasm>

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
When you consider Vandy, Jax St, Arky St, and Toledo: I look for Alabama to run rough shod over the SEC. The SEC is vastly over rated as usual. Ohio St is vulnerable, but doesn't play anyone. FSU can be beaten. Way too early to predict anything. Historically Auburn has bombed when ranked so high early.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Auburn did NOT have a gutsy win. JSU forced and recovered a fumble on their own 30 yard line with 3 minutes to play. They were penalized 15 yards on the play by the SEC refs for celebrating. Then, three plays later shanked a 17 yard punt. Still, it took a leaping catch in the final seconds to get Auburn into OT against an FCS team that had actually outplayed them all afternoon. The Auburn crowd was sitting in stunned silence most of the day. #6. No way. Top ten. Not there either. I think any voter who watched that game will be tempted to drop them out of the rankings.

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
Auburn did NOT have a gutsy win....I think any voter who watched that game will be tempted to drop them out of the rankings.

We can only hope, but that would bring common sense into a system where there is none due to the SEC agenda. At a minimum, GT deserves to be ranked higher than Awburn.

Also, when everyone says "gutsy win," we're all being sarcastic,