Anyone watching the game Saturday from Nashville?

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Somehow I ended up agreeing to go to Nashville this weekend with the GF and am frantically looking for places to watch the game with a few good Tech Men.

Anyone know of such a place out here? My hotel is literally within spitting distance of Vandy, and if it were most other SEC schools I probably would spit too - but they seem to be alright. :)

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Midtown try Rippy's on Broadway, corner of 5th and Broadway next to Bridgestone Arena. Great roof top area and decnet food/drink prices. But for dinner try Demos' 3rd and Commerce. You alos have a great choice of music along Broadway between the river and 5th street, easy walk area and great variety. For barbeque try Jack's on Broadway.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Somehow I ended up agreeing to go to Nashville this weekend with the GF and am frantically looking for places to watch the game with a few good Tech Men.

Anyone know of such a place out here? My hotel is literally within spitting distance of Vandy, and if it were most other SEC schools I probably would spit too - but they seem to be alright. :)
Midtown see above :)

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

There isn't one posted for Nashville at http://gtalumni.org/s/1481/alumni/events.aspx?sid=1481&gid=21&pgid=836

Closest is Knoxville that I saw. Pretty weak for as many alumni groups as we have that this is the extent of game watchings.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
thanks for the tip on Demo's OldJacketFan, it was some solid italian.. went there last night and really enjoyed it.

Rippy's says they think they will be able to show it - so we will see. They open at 11, so right at kickoff. Hoping it works and I don't have to just stream audio from the GT App

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
My pleasure, Nashville's been my home for the last 10 years, it's a great city!
thanks for the tip on Demo's OldJacketFan, it was some solid italian.. went there last night and really enjoyed it.

Rippy's says they think they will be able to show it - so we will see. They open at 11, so right at kickoff. Hoping it works and I don't have to just stream audio from the GT App
yv

Ramblin Wrecker

Jolly Good Fellow
The Crows Nest usually has the Tech games. Maybe 10 min ride from Vandy. I've even occasionally run into other Jackets there- crowsnestnashville.com/

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Thanks everyone. I actually stumbled across a GT Nashville alumni Facebook page (I am not on Facebook so didn't even think to check there) and it looks like a group is going to meet at Mafiaoza's.. I am going to try that and them will use crows nest or rippy's as a backup.

If anyone is in the area and wants to join, I am going to be with my gf and wearing a black GT jacket.