Anyone remember the leg twist?

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
I like CPJs comment about us needing to be more physical. I hope we run that get behind Shamire play 10 times this week.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
This. Wrapping up and twisting while falling was not the issue. During the play in question, the defender grabbed the foot by itself (while standing up after the tackle) and gave it a wrench.
Very true. But I am not a fan of the tackling technique either. Why, when your man is already on the ground, do you then hold his leg and roll with it. It is hard for the tackled person to roll once on the ground, or at least to keep up with the roll of the leg. Something has to give and, depending on where the torque is greatest, you can tear any joint from the ankle to the knee to the hip.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Not to defend the dookie, but apparently this is a new style of tackling that is becoming popular. It's called the Hawk or Gator Roll Tackle and Pete Carroll is pushing it big time. He's made several instructional videos teaching it and Urban Meyer has talked about teaching it to his players at tOSU.

Wow. There were guys wrenching ankles at the end of that as well.

JacketTrain

Jolly Good Fellow
Yeah, well, that may have been a dirty play, but that kid is a baller for Duke. I doubt he gives a squat if we're mad about it or not.

This. Wrapping up and twisting while falling was not the issue. During the play in question, the defender grabbed the foot by itself (while standing up after the tackle) and gave it a wrench.

Is the guy who injured JeT still playing? If so we should make sure our blocking punishes him appropriately.

Devon Edwards still playing. Chump. Shamire bait.

I've known Devon Edwards since was in the 6th grade. He grew up with my oldest son in Covington. They were on the same middle school and high school football teams and graduated together. He is one of the most upright young men that you could ever meet. From middle school, through high school and into his first two years at Duke, he has maintained a perfect 4.0 GPA. He did this while playing football, basketball and track at the highest levels. He's a good kid and he definitely wasn't trying to hurt JeT. I asked him a few days later about the play and he didn't even remember it.

Declinometer

Banned
I've known Devon Edwards since was in the 6th grade. He grew up with my oldest son in Covington. They were on the same middle school and high school football teams and graduated together. He is one of the most upright young men that you could ever meet. From middle school, through high school and into his first two years at Duke, he has maintained a perfect 4.0 GPA. He did this while playing football, basketball and track at the highest levels. He's a good kid and he definitely wasn't trying to hurt JeT. I asked him a few days later about the play and he didn't even remember it.

Well by golly it's time to change the direction of this thread!!

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

So, you're saying he's a psychopath?

daculajacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Did you actually watch the video of Devon "Cheap Shot" Edwards deliberately twisting JT's leg? Maybe he's a saint and his only sin was to intentionally hurt JT, but ... Dang... "He's a saint who doesn't remember trying to deliberately injure another player, so ... he's a saint!"

No, he's not. He's a dirty player who tried to intentionally hurt our QB.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I get what you are saying but I'm 24 and trust me there are kids who are good kids and parents think that they do nothing wrong, but when around other people and kids their age they are different. I'm not saying he's not a good kid but go watch the video everything about it says it was intentional, and it could have easily been done it the heat of things, and I understand that, but just because he's a good kid doesn't mean he wouldn't do that.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
I get what you are saying but I'm 24 and trust me there are kids who are good kids and parents think that they do nothing wrong, but when around other people and kids their age they are different. I'm not saying he's not a good kid but go watch the video everything about it says it was intentional, and it could have easily been done it the heat of things, and I understand that, but just because he's a good kid doesn't mean he wouldn't do that.
Two things. 1) The fact you have a vintage logo as your avatar means everyone on here probably assumes you're an old alum every time you post.

and 2) this may be the same case as what we saw in the Richard Sherman Super Bowl interview that sent people running. The idea that anyone who is a hypercompetitive individual on a high level of competition enter a different mindset that isn't always their "right mind."

I can fully believe that in the moment he wanted to add in a leg throw to celebrate/show his "dominance" over JT and it ended up being a twist which hobbled JT. All the while in this mind set memories aren't made the exact same way.

I'd be really interested in a study on this type of idea. Too bad we can't have brain scans during the game action...

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Two things. 1) The fact you have a vintage logo as your avatar means everyone on here probably assumes you're an old alum every time you post.

and 2) this may be the same case as what we saw in the Richard Sherman Super Bowl interview that sent people running. The idea that anyone who is a hypercompetitive individual on a high level of competition enter a different mindset that isn't always their "right mind."

I can fully believe that in the moment he wanted to add in a leg throw to celebrate/show his "dominance" over JT and it ended up being a twist which hobbled JT. All the while in this mind set memories aren't made the exact same way.

I'd be really interested in a study on this type of idea. Too bad we can't have brain scans during the game action...
So because I like the old school logo everyone thinks I'm old? Well at least people now know I'm not lol. All I'm saying is there is a good chance he meant to do it imo. Maybe he didn't, but from the video before he even throws Justin's leg it looks as if he was twisting it, but like I said I see what you are saying.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
So because I like the old school logo everyone thinks I'm old? Well at least people now know I'm not lol. All I'm saying is there is a good chance he meant to do it imo. Maybe he didn't, but from the video before he even throws Justin's leg it looks as if he was twisting it, but like I said I see what you are saying.
Oh I fully believe he intended to do something to/with the leg in the moment. I'm just saying that moment probably wasn't him in his right mind. Doesn't excuse it in my mind but you know life is life.

4NatlChmps

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't give a sht if he has a 5.0 and nursed baby seals with Mother Teresa while he played point guard for Coach rat-face K. He's a dirt bag and meant to do it. He Tried several other times. Why do you think Byerly intentionally went out of his way and trucked his a$& later in that game?

For me personally, after that display last year and what it did to our season (and Buttclipp's comments), I hope De-bag Edwards comes out of tunnel celebrating, slips and breaks his arm off and PJ Davis runs over scoops it up and jams it right down Cuttcliffe's throat to shut him up. Then we can play the game in their empty middle school stadium.