Anyone remember efforts?

MidnightJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Anyone remember when PJ first started here him talking about "efforts" during a game? It was his way to measure how many times a player missed an assignment, or didn't give enough effort as I remember it, though I may be mis-remembering what it was exactly. But it always showed me that PJ was a master of his offense and how meticulous he was in making sure it was a well oiled machine at all times, improving throughout the system.

I feel like I haven't heard any mention of it in years. I'd be curious how this number has soared or remained the same in recent years.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Anyone remember when PJ first started here him talking about "efforts" during a game? It was his way to measure how many times a player missed an assignment, or didn't give enough effort as I remember it, though I may be mis-remembering what it was exactly. But it always showed me that PJ was a master of his offense and how meticulous he was in making sure it was a well oiled machine at all times, improving throughout the system.

I feel like I haven't heard any mention of it in years. I'd be curious how this number has soared or remained the same in recent years.
Yeah I haven't heard anything about them being tracked any longer either. I LOVE the concept of them though and have actually been using them with my teams at work since I first read about them almost a decade ago.

alagold

Helluva Engineer

I remember a semi-SUCCESSFUL pitch play last (from on tape) where FOUR guys didn't really make their blocks but it was run at right place and time--and the QB ran the correct play