Anyone following the Texas Longhorns "Eyes of Texas" brouhaha?

DeepSnap

GT Athlete
Heads are exploding in Austin.

Seems a AA Studies prof at UTx-Austin told the current AA FB players the history of their fight song - the lyrics aren't racist, but the inspiration was a phrase used by Robert E. Lee as President at what became Washington & Lee after the Civil War. Throw in its intro at a minstrel show in 1903 & there you go.

A number of AA TexasExes are coming out & saying "Sing. Don't sing, It's about being Burnt Orange."

Standby for the next round of "Let's Change 'I'm A Ramblin' Wreck'"

I'm so glad we've got Geoff Collins & Angel Cabrera.

Last edited:

Milwaukee

Banned
I didn't even know what OAN was and had to look it up. Is this seriously what the world has come to though? I don't like your opinions and views so I'm going to boycott you. Even though it was his decision to go to OSU in the first place and play for Gundy. **** Hubbard.

Same here, it’s apparently the opposite of CNN. The world has gone mad, I hope Gundy stands his ground. He’s an All American and their best player as well, but apparently he moonlights as a highly offended little girl.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Same here, it’s apparently the opposite of CNN. The world has gone mad, I hope Gundy stands his ground. He’s an All American and their best player as well, but apparently he moonlights as a highly offended little girl.
I hope he does too. It shouldn't matter what his political views are, but I hope he sticks to them. Hubbard should have had a private conversation with Gundy and not come out on Twitter to ***** to the world. I really hate social media.

DeepSnap

GT Athlete
And any takers on how long before someone complains about our stadium being named after a guy named Robert Lee Dodd?

That’s probably a stretch.

UVa changed their logos (Link) today because either the hilts or the crossed sabres resembled the walls on the UVa campus that hid slaves from view somewhere back in time.

Discuss/Cuss amongst yourselves.

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
We’ve gone full.
F09272A4-74B6-45A9-92A1-BF20482A919F.png

Milwaukee

Banned
I guess Gundy can read from a teleprompter.

Yep. I bet he’s boiling inside, hell he looks pissed off to even be there. That’s what happens when money and boosters lay down an ultimatum. I wish he would’ve told them all to take a hike and to fire him if they had a problem with a tshirt. But he makes a ton of money so it’s much easier said than done.