Anyone else?

Treb1982

Jolly Good Fellow
Feel the same way now as they did at the end of the Gailey era. Just straight up apathy! I love CPJ's offense but 8 straight years with a sh*t defense has me not caring to watch the games anymore. There is no way VT scores less than 28 this week and there is no way we score more than 24 against Bud Fosters' defense. I think this will be the first game I don't watch in the CPJ era.

No but I want to see a change now. I don't want roof coaching our SA anymore. Our defense is terrible to watch and it puts me in a bad mood every saturday even if we win.
If winning puts u in a bad mood, you need to do some soul searching. That is a personal problem. I may not care for how we win, but a win is a win and that makes me happy. It's just football man, lighten up.

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm getting with the poster. I was where I would schedule things around the game so I could watch it. Not saying I won't watch the next game but now if something else comes up that sounds like fun, then to hell with the game (UGA game being the exception). I like CPJ and think he is he is very good play caller ( Clynch and Jeune pass plays were good calls by coach on plays we have not seen this year) , but besides 14, the last few years have been pretty bad, and the defense has been awful. We used to could count on the offense to at least to make it a shoot out. The last two years they seem to screw up so we throw points away. I wonder what is running through CPJ's mind. He has had a good career, he has basically said this is his last stop, and he has probably reached as high as he is going to go and passed up opportunities to go higher for family and lifestyle reasons. He also is starting to talk like someone ready to retire given he is not holding anything back. Is it possible he says to heck with it and retires? I wouldn't blame him and would tell him it's not a bad choice.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
We have to settle for the scraps now after leaving Chapel Hill. Each year you start out hoping for that special season with even National Championship hopes for the true dreamers. Usually reality sets in some where along the line and you have to face the reality that, yeah, that was just a dream and now we know what we really are. That's a great part of being a fan. Hope springs eternal and even next week we hope our defense will somehow make enough improvements to keep us in the game with a chance to win at the end. That will be the same for the Virginia and for the Georgia games.

Realistically, it looks like we have a puncher's chance of beating VT and UGA but we will be a significant underdog in both. It looks like Virginia is our best hope of getting to 6 wins and a bowl game. That to me would not be so much a reward as it would be an opportunity to work on development for several additional weeks. It looks like we really need that on both sides of the ball.

I observe by reading our fan websites that many are for firing everybody and starting over. Some of that may or may not happen and for the most part all the negativity serves to do is to discourage the team and staff and embolden our enemies. But such is human nature.

I too had hoped for a better result this year but it just did not happen. I wont fault the effort of those in the arena giving their blood sweat and tears, for I know they had expectations too and they feel the hurt at a much deeper level than most any fan could. As a fan, I will keep pulling for our guys and hoping for some success to build on.

Better days are ahead.

Go Jackets!

Last edited:

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I lived through the Bill Curry years. The misery of the first two was worth it to get to the last few. Two of my all time favorite games were ND and Alabama, both during those years.

I don't see any emotion with this team. It just seems to be going through the motions. Coaching staff too. Just my opinion.

I have season tix and I'll watch the game. The SA's have put a lot more into this and they deserve as many fans rooting for them as possible.

I think I have come to a conclusion though. CPJ is an OC, not a HC. OK, he's had some stints as HC, but what he LOVES is his offense and his play-calling. I like him and am proud to have him as coach. But we need more.

I think what we need is a CEO-style head coach that can put it all together, set expectations, and hold folks accountable. I think CPJ has become stale in his approach and that's not good. You play with the team you have, not the team you hope to have.

The other thing is the offense. I don't see us truly committing to the TO to the level we need to be and make it successful. I mean, building a program around. I spoke with a number of folks offline and some from other programs like UT and Alabama that I know. They all said the same thing ... great offense when it works. But, you can't recruit it, so it becomes a vicious cycle of ever smaller players.

One alum put it this way ... "Every player who loves the game will try to be the best. And that means NFL. And he may never play in the NFL. But at least he is exposed to how the pro game is played and players developed." He went on to add that giving the finger to the NFL and sticking to the TO is not a good way to endear players.

Todd has he work cut out for him. My opinion is use the next 4 years or so of CPJ's tenure and start the transition process ... so it's planned and not reactionary.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I lived through the Bill Curry years. The misery of the first two was worth it to get to the last few. Two of my all time favorite games were ND and Alabama, both during those years.

I don't see any emotion with this team. It just seems to be going through the motions. Coaching staff too. Just my opinion.

I have season tix and I'll watch the game. The SA's have put a lot more into this and they deserve as many fans rooting for them as possible.

I think I have come to a conclusion though. CPJ is an OC, not a HC. OK, he's had some stints as HC, but what he LOVES is his offense and his play-calling. I like him and am proud to have him as coach. But we need more.

I think what we need is a CEO-style head coach that can put it all together, set expectations, and hold folks accountable. I think CPJ has become stale in his approach and that's not good. You play with the team you have, not the team you hope to have.

The other thing is the offense. I don't see us truly committing to the TO to the level we need to be and make it successful. I mean, building a program around. I spoke with a number of folks offline and some from other programs like UT and Alabama that I know. They all said the same thing ... great offense when it works. But, you can't recruit it, so it becomes a vicious cycle of ever smaller players.

One alum put it this way ... "Every player who loves the game will try to be the best. And that means NFL. And he may never play in the NFL. But at least he is exposed to how the pro game is played and players developed." He went on to add that giving the finger to the NFL and sticking to the TO is not a good way to endear players.

Todd has he work cut out for him. My opinion is use the next 4 years or so of CPJ's tenure and start the transition process ... so it's planned and not reactionary.

Great points. The thing about Curry's first years was the schedule - killer. For real.

I do not in any way "hate" this O. I just believe, and I think it is being proven on the field, that it restricts our ability to recruit the best, and most qualified, S/As we can. On both sides of the ball.