Anybody listening to Richt Show?

Lexjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
As a Christian we are to bear witness to who Jesus is and what He has done for us and that He is who He says He is. You may not like it but I would challenge you to say to Coach Derrick Moore and many of the Tech players who bowed/kneeled in prayer over Snoddy when he broke his leg. It was a very public declaration of faith and it was a testimony. Oh, and CPJ encourages it and would tell you it's one of the most inspirational and best things about Tech's team.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
What's the name of the show? Oh okay. Until it's the random GT fan show how about we let UGA and mark worry about his show. Lets listen to the cpj show and worry about beating UGA Saturday.

Lexjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
clemson_at_georgia_tech_0001.jpg

clemson_at_georgia_tech_0582.jpg

Go tell them to save it for Sunday.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dirty Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
What's your point? All the pictures look like kids with their peers praying. I don't get how that's related to the face of a public university preaching on the radio? The two don't seem related to me, but maybe I'm missing something. I guess praying and shoving your religious views down others' throats are the same.

Lexjacket

Ramblin' Wreck

Our beliefs are part of who we are, you can't hide them or restrict them to Sunday. Our beliefs will be reflected in our character, the decisions we make. I am really happy we have Derrick More on our sideline and in our locker room. I am happy that Mark Richt tries to point his players in the right direction - Lord knows they need it. :rolleyes:

bartoma

Jolly Good Fellow
Lordy... Look - I have my own religious beliefs, and I respect others' belief and disbelief, as it may be... My point is that Richt, as a public figure, is not paid to make a point of his religious beliefs, whatever they are...

I don't make a point of mine at work, and neither should he...

If asked about mine, I generally let people know how I identify (Presbyterian) and leave it at that, particularly in the context of my job...

Again, nothing against Richt or those who have deeply held views on religious matters, but this is another reason I am a fan of CPJ - he's all business...

carmex

Georgia Tech Fan
Lordy... Look - I have my own religious beliefs, and I respect others' belief and disbelief, as it may be... My point is that Richt, as a public figure, is not paid to make a point of his religious beliefs, whatever they are...

I don't make a point of mine at work, and neither should he...

If asked about mine, I generally let people know how I identify (Presbyterian) and leave it at that, particularly in the context of my job...

Again, nothing against Richt or those who have deeply held views on religious matters, but this is another reason I am a fan of CPJ - he's all business...
Agree 100%. Don't let these guys make you feel like you're the only one. I don't care if players are praying (or not) but I sure don't need to hear it from the coach when we are supposed to be talking football.

That being said, stop listening to Richt. No sympathy for someone who subjects themselves to that. ;-)