Anybody know what these are?

crut

Helluva Engineer
Does this Morpheus guy create all of these teaser clips as well? Or is he just the digital edits and graphics that we are always seeing on twitter?

Whoever it is... keep them coming.
I believe Ryan Wise (@Ry_Wise) does most of the videos. He came on staff last year when you saw the first uptick in media content.

GoGATech

Jolly Good Fellow
Others have explained it But these are the devices that mbob said cpj could have four of. It looks like tstan approved just a few more than four: you know, like a whole team's worth.
Not defending mbob by any means, but FWIW, back when he approved that, 4 could cost the same then as 40 today. Tech usually gets cheap fast.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
The Catapult S5 is basically a wearable technology device that allows the coaches/training staff to gather real time data about a student athlete in various settings (training, practice, game) in order to maximize that individual's training/skill sets while minimizing the opportunities/likelihood of injuries due to fatigue or over use.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
So what kind of injuries can they head off by looking at data? I imagine extreme heart rates would red flag a break, but other than that I’m not sure what.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
There's a term in the military that goes "embrace the suck". For a long time the word "science" and "math" was a dirty word that came with recruiting to GT. I'm glad GT is starting to "embrace the suck" and is spinning it as "innovation and technology". It's a language kids today have common ground with.

We'll see how many elite kids are buying the staff's "embrace the suck" sell of "innovation and technology" very soon.

presjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't want to hijack the thread, but it was good to see Jon Carman tweet to the current Tech lineman about the device. For you young ones on the board, Jon Carman is a former Georgia Tech All-American offensive tackle (1999) playing beside current OL coach Brent Key and in front of QB Joe Hamilton, played a couple seasons in the NFL, 2012 inductee in the Georgia Tech Sports Hall of Fame. I found a nice article on him. Glad to see former players engaging with the program.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
There's a term in the military that goes "embrace the suck". For a long time the word "science" and "math" was a dirty word that came with recruiting to GT. I'm glad GT is starting to "embrace the suck" and is spinning it as "innovation and technology". It's a language kids today have common ground with.

We'll see how many elite kids are buying the staff's "embrace the suck" sell of "innovation and technology" very soon.

Nerd culture is pop culture now. Makes sense to embrace it, IMO. Plus the new staff has swag factor as well.