Any word on the COVID situation

tsrich

Ramblin' Wreck
There's not been much news about the COVID status of the team. Do we have multiple cases in the program? Any guess as to when they will resume activities?

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
There's not been much news about the COVID status of the team. Do we have multiple cases in the program? Any guess as to when they will resume activities?
Pitt game has been moved to 1/13, which puts on track for the standard pause.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Well this stinks. We were really playing efficient basketball - I guess it was to be expected but those early season loses are going to be an albatross for our dancing chances.

Going to need to play really well the back half of the season and make some noise in the ACC Tourney me thinks.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Well this stinks. We were really playing efficient basketball - I guess it was to be expected but those early season loses are going to be an albatross for our dancing chances.

Going to need to play really well the back half of the season and make some noise in the ACC Tourney me thinks.
Meh, probably not. Ohio State demonstrated that it doesn’t really matter how many games you play. We just need to keep looking good

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Why do I have this niggling suspicion that we might be over-reacting to a single positive test? I guess because Pastnerwas so cautious in pre-season (answering my own question here).

gameface

Jolly Good Fellow
Why do I have this niggling suspicion that we might be over-reacting to a single positive test? I guess because Pastnerwas so cautious in pre-season (answering my own question here).
When you say "we" do you mean MBB or this board?

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
If you're talking about the basketball team, once you have a positive test or a contract trace instance, I believe there are ACC guidelines that have to be met to start up again. So it would be out of Coach Pastner or AD Stansbury's hands. At this point, the team has to meet the ACC's protocols to start up basketball activities again.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
I thought I read that the women's games were postponed because of our opponents. Not because of something on our team.

tsrich

Ramblin' Wreck
I thought I read that the women's games were postponed because of our opponents. Not because of something on our team.
Looks like you are correct. Syr and VA have issues. That's good news. The original tweet I saw was misleading

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Now the NC State game is postponed due COVID cases in their program. State is a mess right now. The men's team missed three games in December and the AA announced there is a large cluster (six or more cases) in the department. The women's team, ranked in the top 5, hasn't played since Jan 3rd and it looks like it will be Jan 27th before they can play again. The ACC is not going to be able to schedule make-up dates for this many postponements and still have a tournament before the NCAA brackets are announced. I was so looking for to the hoops season and it has been an unfortunate disappointment so far.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I am thankful for the basketball we got in so far, but this season will likely always have the feel of a what-if kinda deal.. Not to write the obituary before the death of the patient, but the tournament seeding is going to be all messed up, and there are going to be teams who miss their shot to dance (REALLY hope we don't fall into the category). This team could make some noise in a tournament setting..