any of you dealing with the new Bermuda Triangle?

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
As of today, I am still short 3 shipments that I was expecting before Christmas (ordered between 11/28 and 12/06). One is a new laptop that has shown out for delivery since 12/11. I have contacted the manufacturer and they will replace it once it is received. But now I am not sure it will ever be received so will contact my credit card company. It was charged but it is on my new bill which I haven't paid.

Any of y'all dealing with this?

Deleted member 2897

I’ve seen posts all over our neighborhood FB page about this for quite a few weeks now

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Interstingly enough, Amazon is not having trouble. Everything ordered from them ships and delivers on time. What do they do differently than FedEx/UPS/USPS in terms of managing freight? Obviously, Amazon is the seller AND shipper but what makes this more efficient? Genuinely curious and appreciate any insight..

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
Interstingly enough, Amazon is not having trouble. Everything ordered from them ships and delivers on time. What do they do differently than FedEx/UPS/USPS in terms of managing freight? Obviously, Amazon is the seller AND shipper but what makes this more efficient? Genuinely curious and appreciate any insight..
My neighborhood here in Washington state had quite a few bad amazon deliveries today

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Had Amazon orders that were 2 and 4 weeks late respectively. Out of USPS all were late except for one which was delivered in one day. Wife and I both mailed our absentee ballot weeks ago from Maine to Georgia. Mine has been received and counted, her’s is still in route. Our UPS orders have mostly been on time with one very notable exception -a Christmas present that still hasn’t arrived.

Two opinions. Mail has been disrupted in a pretty major way and all my family and friends are experiencing this. Secondly, more than one reason for this but suspect COVID-19 is a common denominator.

Deleted member 2897

I think I read that online orders/shipments were up 40% this year. It could be that the volume is so high that they’re getting literal mountains in certain distribution places and it just sits there for awhile u til someone tackles it.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I think I read that online orders/shipments were up 40% this year. It could be that the volume is so high that they’re getting literal mountains in certain distribution places and it just sits there for awhile u til someone tackles it.

I figured extra volume from people not travelling or shopping plus staffing issues due to covid were at the root of things.

I have an interesting dilemma with the laptop (Dell). it has shown out for delivery since 12//11 (FedEx). I ordered it on a Black Fridy deal the weekend after Thanksgiving. I called Dell asking for a resolution - I do not want a computer that has been on a delivery truck since 12/11. Dell (or at least the associate in Bangladesh or wherever he was)was agreeable - they will replace it ONCE IT SHOWS UP. Steven (yeah pal, that is your real name) could not help me with the transprtation issue. If it was/is lost in transit he was stumped on resolution of the problem. BTW, I really am not angry at Dell as I figure the issue could have happened with any product purchased on line.

I charged this to my AmEx so I am going to call and get them involved. I have not paid them yet for my last statement.

Deleted member 2897

I figured extra volume from people not travelling or shopping plus staffing issues due to covid were at the root of things.

I have an interesting dilemma with the laptop (Dell). it has shown out for delivery since 12//11 (FedEx). I ordered it on a Black Fridy deal the weekend after Thanksgiving. I called Dell asking for a resolution - I do not want a computer that has been on a delivery truck since 12/11. Dell (or at least the associate in Bangladesh or wherever he was)was agreeable - they will replace it ONCE IT SHOWS UP. Steven (yeah pal, that is your real name) could not help me with the transprtation issue. If it was/is lost in transit he was stumped on resolution of the problem. BTW, I really am not angry at Dell as I figure the issue could have happened with any product purchased on line.

I charged this to my AmEx so I am going to call and get them involved. I have not paid them yet for my last statement.

Definitely challenge the charge. The last 2 times I did that (I rarely ever do that), my shipment showed up the next day! 🤣

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Yes I returned a set of golf clubs to Callaway Preowned Golf that they operate out of Austin 10 days before Xmas via UPS. Still haven’t showed up. Normally it’s about 5 days.

presjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm missing an expected check from a month ago. Then again the USPS delivery person in my neighborhood seldom closes my mailbox, so the wind might have blown it away.

armeck

Jolly Good Fellow
Exact opposite for me - all my amazon and other vendor packages arrived as expected. I even mailed out some gifts via FedEx (within the state) and they arrived within 2 days.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
I’ve got an order still in transit that shipped December 17. It was stuck in the Indianapolis hub for almost a month. Other orders have arrived in a few days.

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
I’ve got an order still in transit that shipped December 17. It was stuck in the Indianapolis hub for almost a month. Other orders have arrived in a few days.
im still in the same boat. had a delivery pending delivery on DEC 15. still hasnt shown up. ive got an investigation with UPS going and after i havent heard back from them i email and keep getting told oh there wasnt enough info so they closed the investigation. they need more info. so the last time i sent them a damn picture of what the item is. along with whatever else they needed.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
The laptop that shows out for delivery since Dec.12 is still "out for delivery". I did involve AmEx so I have not paid for it fortunately. It will be returned if/when it ever shows up.

presjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm missing an expected check from a month ago. Then again the USPS delivery person in my neighborhood seldom closes my mailbox, so the wind might have blown it away.
Update. The check sender called and said the check was returned and wanted to verify my address. Of course it is right, they had already reissued the check and I got it in a timely fashion. I'm not sure why the original one spent two months in purgatory only to be returned to sender.