Any news on O'Reilly and Brigham?

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
These two are the two transfers from Auburn and Maryland. I believe that O'Reilly is eligible this year, but Brigham won't be eligible til next year. With all the injuries on the OL, I was just curious if anybody knew how they guys have done adjusting to the team and what their role might be going forward. Both of them are big boys--6'3" and 300/308 according to the updated roster.

In the fourth picture of the RamblinWreck Photo gallery from yesterday you can catch a glimpse of O'Reilly and his...um, girth. http://www.ramblinwreck.com/view.gal?id=144808

(also, my goodness, look at Devine in that first picture. He towers over the entire team! That is one big boy! Can we call him Mt. Shamire?)

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
I talked to O'Reilly on the Tech Trolley last semester. I think I remember him saying he's eligible to play this year. He also said he likes our system here more - at Auburn it was an enormous playbook with tons of little different variations and it was very complicated. From my understanding it is more straightforward here and it allows him to go out there and play.

He's a real nice guy and I think he will be a valuable OL for us in these coming years!

Edit: Gotta love Vad's form in that picture of him throwing. Team looks hungry!

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Thomas still has some work today and has struggled so far...he could be a option at center this Fall thought as they are trying to find somebody there. He is a big guy and still needs to shed a few more pounds. He does have potential though and the coaches loved him coming out of HS.

Brigham as you said won't be ready till next year...I have not seen a lot of him yet. He is one that could earn a ship down the line though...and I do expect him to be a good role player for us in a year or two.

Swarm3

Georgia Tech Fan
TECH GETS IMMEDIATE HELP ON O-LINE - posted on official GT site 8/5/13
Nick Brigham, who transferred from Maryland and enrolled at Georgia Tech in January, was granted relief of residency by the NCAA and the ACC. This means the offensive lineman from Atlanta can play this season, without having to sit out a year. Brigham redshirted the 2012 season at Maryland.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
TECH GETS IMMEDIATE HELP ON O-LINE - posted on official GT site 8/5/13
Nick Brigham, who transferred from Maryland and enrolled at Georgia Tech in January, was granted relief of residency by the NCAA and the ACC. This means the offensive lineman from Atlanta can play this season, without having to sit out a year. Brigham redshirted the 2012 season at Maryland.

good news