Any MMA Fans over here?

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Anybody interested in a running convo about my 2nd favorite sport? Gustaffson's uppercut clinic? The ongoing travesty of Askren not fighting elite guys so we can say if he's legit or not? Is McGregor good or bad for the sport?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Aldo losing was somewhat shocking

In MMA, anyone can lose to anybody on any given night, so Aldo losing wasn't totally crazy. Aldo getting KTFO by McGregor before I was finished putting ice in my drink was shocking.

As for McGregor...I use not like him. I'm more the GSP type athletes. Low key, respectful towards his opponents, and lets his results do the talking. But you have to give McGregor credit, he has promoted himself and worked his *** off to become probably the headlining entertainer in MMA. From what I've read, he's actually a really cool dude outside of when he needs to promote fights. The Floyd Mayweather fight will be a sideshow, but these guys get paid to beat each other's brains out, so if they can pocket tens of millions of $$$ in a sideshow, good for them.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Aldo is maybe the greatest. I don't like McGregor. I don't like the loud guys. I don't even really watch MMA anymore but I like Rogans podcast so I guess I keep up a little. I kind of tapped out when Forrest Griffin left. Loved that guy.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I don't watch as much as I'd like to but MMA is great. Dana White sux. McGregor, like him or not, is great for MMA. He's grown on me. I typically don't like big mouths unless they can back the talk up, he's a warrior and does.

CM boxing is like fighting with legs shackled and with one hand tied behind his back. I don't expect him to win but Mayweather won't look good in winning. I'd love to see Mayweather ko'd though and if Mayweather doesn't fight smart it could happen.

If Mayweather does win and shows his *** in any way post fight....he better keep his whole dang entourage between him and CM. The post fight might be more entertaining than the actual match.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
big fan here. once considered entering a tough man contest back in the 90s when mma / ufc was mostly tuff man contests.

for the most part i like connor mcgregor. i am also a yuge fan of dan henderson.

while he is a terrific boxer i am not a fan of floyd mayweather. his style does not do it for me at all. if he wants to dance than let him do it on dancing with the stars. i hope conor knocks him out. boxing has been dying a slow death imo over the last decade or so . IF conor were to win it would hasten the death of boxing.

for those of you who missed the fight this is one of the best fights ive ever witnessed in mma.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
@gtpi

My fave is Tim Kennedy but alas he has retired from UFC/mma.

I don't tend to like big talkers much.....unless they can really back up that talk. CMac has really grown on me tho for that reason. He has definitely backed up the smack talk.

CMac would absolutely destroy Mayweather in a mma match. No one with any sense could think otherwise. But Mayweather will be very hard for CMac to beat with boxing rules in effect. Also anticipate the particular rules of this fight to favor Mayweather and I'd also anticipate the ring ref being more partial to Mayweather also.

If Mayweather is smart, and I think he will be, he will fight smart and avoid big exchanges with CMac. This will make for a boring fight that I don't think will allow Cmac to unload much and there's no way CMac can outscore Mayweather for a judges decision.

Having said all that I agree with you on boxing. A sport I like but I don't care for the pro version. A ko of Mayweather would be sweet and might cripple pro boxing moving forward.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
big fan here. once considered entering a tough man contest back in the 90s when mma / ufc was mostly tuff man contests.

for the most part i like connor mcgregor. i am also a yuge fan of dan henderson.

while he is a terrific boxer i am not a fan of floyd mayweather. his style does not do it for me at all. if he wants to dance than let him do it on dancing with the stars. i hope conor knocks him out. boxing has been dying a slow death imo over the last decade or so . IF conor were to win it would hasten the death of boxing.

for those of you who missed the fight this is one of the best fights ive ever witnessed in mma.

whoooooooooooooo that was a barnburner!

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Love MMA and I love boxing but tonight is nothing but a spectacle and I sure wouldn't pay the kind of money they're asking to watch it or even think about placing a bet :D

Techster

Helluva Engineer
If CM can't knock out Floyd, I can't seeing him winning by "out boxing" Floyd. I think Conor will be able to land, put his percentage will be low like every person to ever fight Floyd. Floyd's defensive style is probably one of the best in boxing history, and he doesn't take many chances so you don't get many openings against him. He's really quick, and good at manipulating space and angles so you never get a clean shot.

Dana White (who's a f'ing tool) did bring up a good point. Floyd, who's a "traditional" boxer, is use to boxers coming after his face and his abdomen. Conor is an MMA fighter, and will go for shots at all parts of the body and arms, and all parts of the head. It could be weird for Floyd to have to defend shots to the front of his shoulders (clavicle area which hurt like heck if someone punches you there) and could create openings to his head. Floyd has to be prepared to defend everything from the waste up, but Conor has been doing that for years.

It's going to be interesting fight. I can see Floyd toying with Conor and f'ing up his face from the multitude of shots he going to get in, but I can also see Floyd getting caught and sleeping. Connor definitely has knockout power, and they both agreed to 8 oz gloves which favors Connor more IMO.