Any info on OL injuries?

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Or injuries in general?

I know Minihan went down - anyone know anything about his status?

bishopbee

Jolly Good Fellow
On Rod's post game podcast, he said there's an info blackout regarding injuries from CGC. Not even "upper body/lower body" and no info on how long a player is out of action.

I take that as CGC is either super attentive to HIPPA or just doesn't want to give opponents any heads up

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
I scratch my head at people that are surprised the O isn't good. What did you really expect with 11 guys on the field and maybe 2 or 3 are talented enough to run this system in a P5 conference? I mean one of our best OL was a back up at Vandy. The TE is a hyped player and we got from one of the worst programs in FBS. None of our QBs had P5 offers to play the position beyond GT. It's going to take time, and be painful on that side of the ball.

Both D and S/T already seem improved, and with some reinforcements coming in terms of transfers I expect us to very very good there next year.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Here is what I think. Minihan most likely an ACL. He bent in an awkward position and could not put any weight on it. 90% of the time that indicates a torn ACL. Probably done for the season. Cooper has been in and out all fall camp. I think he has some chronic lower leg injuries, either ankle or foot. He probably can rest and make an attempt to get back but probably will not be 100% this season (his last). It would be great if Hansen could make it back but I'm hearing he has still not fully participated in a practice. I think you will see Jahaziel shifted to the OL full time and we will have to count on development of some second line talent like Scott Morgan, Mike Maye and Hamp Gibbs. Hopefully the walk ons can continue to develop as well.

Go Jackets!

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Back to the ol injuries.

1. I am pretty sure i saw clark w shoulder in sling.
Lagod was dressed but not shoulder pads.
Hansen looked healthy - doing an end of game victory dance.

2 players may have to be ready are R fr Maye and R fr Smith. By way Maye is taller than i thought he maybe close to 6-4. I can't wait to see them get thier chance.

2. Where did 70 go??? The big RG transfer?

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
What’s this thread about again? Oh yeah OL injuries.

Minihan appeared to get kicked in the back of his lower leg.

Cooper appeared to be playing hurt and didn’t want to come out. After halftime he was in shorts.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
What’s this thread about again? Oh yeah OL injuries.

Minihan appeared to get kicked in the back of his lower leg.

Cooper appeared to be playing hurt and didn’t want to come out. After halftime he was in shorts.

If I'm not mistaken, if both are out we're down to 11 scholarship OL including Jahaziel who plays both ways.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
If I'm not mistaken, if both are out we're down to 11 scholarship OL including Jahaziel who plays both ways.
Maybe less than that. Charlie Clark had his arm in a sling. Jahaziel didn’t play any D snaps after those 2 went down early. Lee, Defoor, Southers, Quinney, and Lay (walk on) played almost all the rest of the game. Morgan was in a little.

slugboy

Staff member
You talking about Southers? He was out there into the 4th qtr I think. Could have swore I saw him. I thought him & DeFoor would be anchoring the line by now.

Southers was playing. I didn’t count snaps for the players, but as far as I know he was on the field for the full second half.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk