Any ideas of where CPJ will head with the new AC

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I'm purely speculating and not positive of current roles, and not gonna look em up.

One possibility imo is another DL coach. One yo focus on DEs while the other, I'd assume Pelton, takes DTs.

I think we have one assistant for the secondary also. Could also split one for safeties and the other for CBs.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I would like to see Pelton and Speed replaced. Poor recruiters and I haven't seen much coaching either.

Defensive Passing Game Coordinator/Secondary Coach
Defensive Running Game coordinator/DLine Coach.
That's what I'd like to see.

bravejason

Jolly Good Fellow
The coaching staff for GT:

hc/oc Johnson

qb/bb Candeto
ab/stc Owens
wr Preston
ol_1 Sewak
ol_2 West

dl Pelton
s McCollum
dc/lb Roof
cb Speed

stc means special teams coordinator.

For the extra assistant coach, I wonder if it would be best to hire a linebackers coach and let Roof focus only on being the DC.

bravejason

Jolly Good Fellow
Does anyone know if only coaches go on the road to meet with recruits or can it be anyone on the staff? I suspect anyone could go to games and evaluate players from the stands, but I'm not sure if only the coaches can actually contact the players in person.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I'm purely speculating and not positive of current roles, and not gonna look em up.

One possibility imo is another DL coach. One yo focus on DEs while the other, I'd assume Pelton, takes DTs.

I think we have one assistant for the secondary also. Could also split one for safeties and the other for CBs.
Mccollum has the safeties and the CB's are speeds. IMO Mccollum's guys are always the best producers, even when he was over the LB's. I actually think CTR coached the safeties better than he does the LB's. JMO though.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Btw kelly Q said the first support staff help will be hired soon, and the 10th coach will be hired in the new year.