Antonneus Clayton injured?

Gtech50

Ramblin' Wreck
Anyone heard when Clayton will be back? Assuming he will be out this week but hoping by Louisville he can play

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Lower leg injuries are particularly bad for football players. Because you can not put weight on the affected limb, you are limited in your ability to continue to work out, therefore your conditioning is compromised. Assuming a best case scenario that it is just some sort of strain or pull, you are looking at a minimum of 3 weeks to get to a point where you can resume working out and conditioning. That would normally take 2 to 3 weeks in a best case scenario and then you more or less have to play yourself back into football shape. So I would estimate that his effectiveness has been diluted by a minimum of 5 to 7 weeks. That puts his return to action sometime in early November. He might make the Pitt, Miami, Duke and NC State games. So essentially, if you are placing your hopes on our success being based on Clayton's return and effectiveness, you are going to be disappointed. Our best case scenario is that he gets back and plays himself into some sort of shape against Pitt and Miami and really is able to be an impact player against Duke and NC State and then hopefully a championship game a bowl game/playoff games. That's assuming he is not re-injured. It seems he has a history of injury. I hope he makes it back and plays great but at this point, I think we need to temper our expectations of what he can contribute.

Go Jackets!