Anthony Williams dismissed

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
hate to be a hardarse but this is no biggy at all...lets get another new recruit in the doors to make an impact and maybe we get whitehead

Well we always suffer from depth problems. He at least could've been that if not an all-ACC performer.

I've been hoping he'd break out and be something, anything for us but had been resigned to the fact that he just wouldn't be a difference-maker for us. Wish him well and hope he leaves on good academic terms.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Well we always suffer from depth problems. He at least could've been that if not an all-ACC performer.

I've been hoping he'd break out and be something, anything for us but had been resigned to the fact that he just wouldn't be a difference-maker for us. Wish him well and hope he leaves on good academic terms.

bad depth is worse than no depth when you are building...no depth you can recruit and improve it. Bad depth just ties up a number. I hear what you are saying, but the roster needs to turn over quick for improvement...IMO. Saban does similar although in his own way. Its how we have to do it to compete nowadays. Plus we have other mediocre DE that can stick in...

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Disappointed. I liked his play when he got into games. Didn't like his brother's comments about our D philosophy, but still thought he'd be a contributor.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
bad depth is worse than no depth when you are building...no depth you can recruit and improve it. Bad depth just ties up a number. I hear what you are saying, but the roster needs to turn over quick for improvement...IMO. Saban does similar although in his own way. Its how we have to do it to compete nowadays. Plus we have other mediocre DE that can stick in...

I hear you, I hear you. Guess we can look at this as growing pains. Honestly if it were Saban I'd say AW got processed. Ah well, hope we can find a way to get Whitehead in. If CPJ can't get that done (him past the Hill) considering the need we have, that'd be really disappointing and I'd share his frustration.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I hear you, I hear you. Guess we can look at this as growing pains. Honestly if it were Saban I'd say AW got processed. Ah well, hope we can find a way to get Whitehead in. If CPJ can't get that done (him past the Hill) considering the need we have, that'd be really disappointing and I'd share his frustration.

i think we are all frustrated, fans, athletic admins, coaches

It is a big loss, we can't replace him with another player that is a 5th yr. senior and has been in our Strength & Conditioning program all that time.

We haven't had a lot of success with RSs replacing graduated players, usually 4th yr. backups have been our best bet.

Wasn't AW listed as a co-#2 at some point in the season, he must have some level of talent.

What did he do 1 week into the off-season program that warranted him getting booted off the team.

I wonder is CPJ channeling his "inner-Saban" and is choosing to open up a scholly for this yr or for next yr.? (this is question not an accusation)

Just asking, it seems kinda strange to boot a guy in January, 1 week into the new semester.

For those that think that AW was a locker room cancer, he didn't seem that way but he was VERY HONEST with his younger brother about GT FB, and some might mis-interpret that as being negative towards CPJ's FB Program.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I hope the kid lands on his feet. With that said, if a guy, 4 years in the program, couldn't climb the depth chart with the problems we had at the position, then he won't be that hard to replace. We need to support our kids and honor our schollies, but in reality, this will hurt us about as much as the previously mentioned runoffs at the factory schools hurt them. It is a net positive overall for the program. Obviously he did something negative to get dismissed. He wasn't making a big impact on the field either.