Anthony Wilkins named new assistant

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Feels like a good hire. Would have been nice to have during the evaluation period.

Happy? Let the bashing commence for being a half empty type guy just so I could feed KG.

tbglover

Ramblin' Wreck
After months of anticipation this hire came out of nowhere. It'll be interesting to see if he's mainly a X and O's guy.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I remember his name floating around awhile ago and looking up his background.
His time in Atlanta and especially his time with Stackhouse Elite - an Adidas AAU team would likely be quite helpful.
Was a big guard at Kent St - 6'7, 215. Good shooter and defender.

If Swartz ends up with the last asst spot we will have a tall asst staff (pastner is going to look even shorter) - 6'6, 6'7, 6'8.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Hmph, months of whining and complaining about the lack of hires but once a hire is made all we get is one weak-arse response?

Typical Tech fans. I'm ashamed of all of you.

Ha...you seem surprised? Still processing everything, but he seems like a good fit based on his background.

Agree with Coach, player development is critical. We're not going to get 5* guys year in, year out, we have to be able to develop the 3* and 4*talent that we do.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Feels like a solid hire on several levels.

CJP seems to be very consistent with his philosophy of long term development & retention of players vs. 1 & dones.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Strange, Tulane bio claims he is a Cleveland native, Ramblinwreck says Atlanta native.

ETA: next time I’ll read the whole story before commwnting

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Ha...you seem surprised? Still processing everything, but he seems like a good fit based on his background.

Agree with Coach, player development is critical. We're not going to get 5* guys year in, year out, we have to be able to develop the 3* and 4*talent that we do.

I mean, we don't have to turn away 5-stars once they want to hop-on once the train gets rolling do we?

Strange, Tulane bio claims he is a Cleveland native, Ramblinwreck says Atlanta native.

Seems like he went to HS here but spent Sr year in OH?

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
That has been the assumption but it is strange he isn’t announced first or at the same time. If he is the guy I don’t understand the announcement process