Another uniform thread ;)

Matt E

GT Athlete
A million times better than the LSU version we wore in the peach. Interested to see the helmet and pants combo and how it all looks

FencePost

Banned
Pretty much relegates Gold to a trim color. They need to make blue shakers for the fans if Blue is the way they want to go.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
I think the GT alum associated with Russell was letterman Cal James ( his brother, former Al governor Fob James was also involved as well). I think, however, that their association is long over with.

The simple truth is, as far as I know, Russell gave us a good bit more money and I doubt Nike will ever do better. I also do not know how our traditional uni from Russell would look any different if made by Nike .

I still think if Nike had designed our "honeycomb unis" exactly like Russell did, everyone would say they were the greatest thing since sliced bread.
Not me........they are just too radical for my age........I like the traditional unis we had for years and the Ross and Carson unis were good....to me and its only my take on this when you start using world football unis you may lose the old guys....we aint the Ducks of the ACC and I dont want to look like Maryland.......just my take on it.

YoungSting

Jolly Good Fellow
Not me........they are just too radical for my age........I like the traditional unis we had for years and the Ross and Carson unis were good....to me and its only my take on this when you start using world football unis you may lose the old guys....we aint the Ducks of the ACC and I dont want to look like Maryland.......just my take on it.

You strike me as a guy who wants white jerseys with white numbers and white outlines.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
If the kids like the Blue jerseys then I like them. We are not Alabama, Michigan, Penn St, USC. Everybody says it's not "traditional" but I can promise you 98% of these kids have no idea what are tradition is. And living in Michigan no one knows. Unless you're a Tech fan or grad no one has a clue. Wear blue if they like. Hell wear pink. If it fires up the kids that actually bust there *** out there then let them be excited about it. You want traditional unis watch replays of 1990.

GT Tennessee

Jolly Good Fellow
I like the "new" navy tops we will be sporting for the game. However, I do hope we really look into Under Armour once the Russell contract is up. I really enjoy the few Under Armour Georgia Tech items I have. Also, I really like what Under Armour has done with Notre Dame and Navy's uniforms...especially the ones Navy wore against Army and the bowl game. Under Armour seems to understand deeper meanings of school traditions. I do like Nike, but I think Under Armour would be a great fit for us.

Lexjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
If the kids like the Blue jerseys then I like them. We are not Alabama, Michigan, Penn St, USC. Everybody says it's not "traditional" but I can promise you 98% of these kids have no idea what are tradition is. And living in Michigan no one knows. Unless you're a Tech fan or grad no one has a clue. Wear blue if they like. Hell wear pink. If it fires up the kids that actually bust there *** out there then let them be excited about it. You want traditional unis watch replays of 1990.

The players are important but it's not all about them and what they want. We live in the most entitled generation in history. The fans and the alumni also deserve some consideration - we buy tickets, we buy Tech gear, and we donate money. Marketing tradition, a consistent brand, and team identity is also a very important consideration. You go watch a replay of the 1990 Championship game - you will see football players in football uniforms not clown suits or Power Ranger costumes.......

Oh, by the way, I kind of like the blue jerseys (the gold numerals are too wide). Hopefully they will match them with a helmet and pants that make a good ensemble.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
You strike me as a guy who wants white jerseys with white numbers and white outlines.
You strike me as guy who lies madras shorts and striped shirts and black socks with sandals..........seriously not fan of WFl or our attempt to use pee yellow as our old gold or chicken wire on our hats.......Have a great New Year...