Another Overrated Ga Class

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
If we are going to continue this thread, can we get back to insulting the dwags as a group and not individuals or each other? The former is a lot more fun.

Deleted member 2897

I just read a story about a guy who committed silently to uga and last night they pulled the offer from him (literally last night). After Kirby last week specifically told him they were holding him a spot. The specific quote attributed to Kirby was that he told the recruit "No matter how tight things get with our numbers you have got it." The kid came into school today ready to have his ceremony and commit to georgia and then had to delay it to figure out what he wanted to do.

What a lying underhanded dirtbag. That coupled with the fact that they didn't get Aubrey Solomon or Markaviest Bryant gives me a warm feeling today. What a cesspool of filth.

There are now 752 decommits. Many of those will surely fall back on stories like these they've heard for why they commit early and then selectively keep looking in some cases. Great to have a fallback if you get the dishonest shaft.

Beehive

Banned
He's not a burner, but he's definitely not "average at best." He runs upright, but he's quick at changing direction and has got a frame that he can pack more pounds on. You may have snagged his freshman highlights by accident, where he does look more plodding. I'd be surprised if you know more about talent evaluation than the teams that offered him. If you do, you are in the wrong profession.[/QUO Ga has been wrong on the star system for quite some time. I see this hype with them every year! Sad you are still buying into it

Philhutch80

Jolly Good Fellow
I just don't believe a 350 pound offensive lineman can be effective for the majority of the game. No matter what offense you're running

Yeah we kinda have experience in this arena recently with Shamire Devine. Great big ole player but he has been injured and not played every down. The other thing to consider is look at Arkansas. They have or now HAD, after what UGA pulled, the largest O-line in all of football, pro and college. What happened to them in the second half of games??? They ran out of gas and that was truly on display in the bowl game when VT came back the way they did.

If you look at the average weights of NFL offensive lines they are around 300 lbs. if they wanted 5 guys over 330 pounds they would change their diet to make that happen.

Bielma did not figure it out now it is CKS's turn that big guys for that style of offense just do not work. Arrests combined with injuries will thin these guys out quick especially if they stay big.

Philhutch80

Jolly Good Fellow
I just read a story about a guy who committed silently to uga and last night they pulled the offer from him (literally last night). After Kirby last week specifically told him they were holding him a spot. The specific quote attributed to Kirby was that he told the recruit "No matter how tight things get with our numbers you have got it." The kid came into school today ready to have his ceremony and commit to georgia and then had to delay it to figure out what he wanted to do.

What a lying underhanded dirtbag. That coupled with the fact that they didn't get Aubrey Solomon or Markaviest Bryant gives me a warm feeling today. What a cesspool of filth.

There are now 752 decommits. Many of those will surely fall back on stories like these they've heard for why they commit early and then selectively keep looking in some cases. Great to have a fallback if you get the dishonest shaft.
Link please??? That would be great to read.

Legal Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
If we are going to continue this thread, can we get back to insulting the dwags as a group and not individuals or each other? The former is a lot more fun.

Back on topic - is it just me or did uga whiff on all of the guys who were actually announcing today? I don't follow this stuff closely, but it looks like Solomon (DT) picked Michigan over the dwags, Slaton (OT) picked the gators, Bryant (DE) picked Auburn, and Warner (ILB) picked FSU.

Legal Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck

I'm not buying into the hype, but let's not delude ourselves. The dwags have 36 guys on NFL rosters (6th most of any team, behind Flerrida, Flerrida State, THE ohio state elementary school, LSU, and Bammer). In the last 16 years, they've won fewer than 8 games once - in 2010. They've won 8 games four times over that span - 2001, 2009, 2013, and last year. They may not finish in the top ten every year, but even a blind guy can tell they've got talent. Hopefully these fleabags have as little heart as the mutts that came before them - that to me is the difference.

Beehive

Banned
I'm not buying into the hype, but let's not delude ourselves. The dwags have 36 guys on NFL rosters (6th most of any team, behind Flerrida, Flerrida State, THE ohio state elementary school, LSU, and Bammer). In the last 16 years, they've won fewer than 8 games once - in 2010. They've won 8 games four times over that span - 2001, 2009, 2013, and last year. They may not finish in the top ten every year, but even a blind guy can tell they've got talent. Hopefully these fleabags have as little heart as the mutts that came before them - that to me is the difference.[/Q
For all the discussion about star rankings, everyone needs to read Mark Bradley's article on Signing Day isn't always a stairway to Heaven! There are a ton of players that were 2 stars and some weren't even ranked! I know some 5 stars live up to the hype, but a ton of them don't!! A lot of the players GT signed look better on film than Georgia's 4 or 5 star players. Take a look at the rosters for Super Bowl for proof, that star rankings, are for the suckers.

Deleted member 2897

I'm not buying into the hype, but let's not delude ourselves. The dwags have 36 guys on NFL rosters (6th most of any team, behind Flerrida, Flerrida State, THE ohio state elementary school, LSU, and Bammer). In the last 16 years, they've won fewer than 8 games once - in 2010. They've won 8 games four times over that span - 2001, 2009, 2013, and last year. They may not finish in the top ten every year, but even a blind guy can tell they've got talent. Hopefully these fleabags have as little heart as the mutts that came before them - that to me is the difference.

I don't think people are saying they have no talent. In fact, its the exact opposite that's being laughed at. How can you average a top 10 class for several years, but then finish the season unranked 3 of the last 4 years? They've won several games yes, but against such poor opponents and by such little margins and miracles along the way. That's why they're not ranked. Duke had a stretch where they won 9 and 10 games. If you play Army, Navy, Wake Forest, NCA&T, Winthrop, and the Native American School for the Blind Quadraplegics, you can win some games.

Without looking, I bet the other schools who have consistently been in the top 10 in recruiting classes have always been ranked with rare exceptions...and certainly not 3/4th of the time like uGA.

Beehive

Banned
Sure some of these recruits work out. With that many highly ranked players every year, some are going to work out. But a ton of them are not worthy of their ranking. Look at the Super Bowl rosters, their are plently of players that weren't even ranked. How can you explain that? Hell Tom Brady was a 2 star.

Deleted member 2897

Sure some of these recruits work out. With that many highly ranked players every year, some are going to work out. But a ton of them are not worthy of their ranking. Look at the Super Bowl rosters, their are plently of players that weren't even ranked. How can you explain that? Hell Tom Brady was a 2 star.

Over the last decade, only 35% of Alabama's 4* and 5* players made the NFL.

But its only logical, you can only put 11 guys on the field at the same time.

Beehive

Banned
How can you be a GT fan and think star rankings are that important? Mr Mason wasn't on anyone's radar. We beat Georgia 2 out 3 with our lowly ranked classes. LOL