Annual golf outing

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
It’s about that time when we starting planning a date and location. Wanted to see who would be interested in playing this year?

For those who are new to gtswarm, for the past two years we have done a get together and played a round of golf in the metro the Atlanta area. If you are interested in playing please let me know.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
If you want to play you can also PM me. If you played last year just remind me of your age and playing ability and if you want to play with the same group

gville_jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Where was the event last year? How does this work? Is it just several tee times in a row reserved for us? Or is this like an event with prizes and such?

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Where was the event last year? How does this work? Is it just several tee times in a row reserved for us? Or is this like an event with prizes and such?
It was at Bears Best last year. It was also just for fun with no prizes. Last year we had around 7 groups or so, and did a shotgun for teeing off.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
If the timing works out I could possibly join. Heading back to Wyoming on May 8th. My parents live up in Hoschton and I could probably borrow some sticks from my dad.

The 2nd-7th would be ideal but I fly by the seat of my pants so don’t bank on anything from me. I’m a bogey plus golfer but can shoot in the 80s if I’m playing well and it’s a decent track.

I’m also trying to get LASIK surgery while I’m here and that could throw a wrench in my plans.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Hey guys, I will go over all this through the week and start to PM everyone back. Hopefully we can lock some stuff down this week.

Is there anyone here that could possibly get us on eagles landing county club or one of the Club Corp courses in the Newnan area?

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Ok everyone, here’s some information, if everyone could give some input that would be great. I think we should definitely do Waffle House before the round of golf like the past two years. Here’s some information we need to decide on though.

Dates:
August 28th
August 21st
Open to other dates

Courses:
Bears Best Atlanta (Suwannee)
Eagles Landing Country Club (McDonough)
Summer Grove (Newnan)
Chateau Elan (Braselton)
St. Marlo Country club (Duluth)
Cobblestone (Acworth)
Open to other courses

Time:
8:00-8:30
9:00-9:30
10:00-10:30 (this time slot is what would more than likely have to happen for Eagles Landing)

Also, if you have not yet sent me a PM with your age and playing ability please do so that we can pair everyone together.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Ok, sorry for the delay everyone. Been pretty busy for me. Here is all the Info. Please send me a PM with your age, playing ability, and if you are bringing someone with you to play. We have a pretty good amount of people coming!

August 21st
Bears Best Atlanta 9:00 AM tee time
Waffle House 7:00 AM
$75+ tax

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
If the timing works out I could possibly join. Heading back to Wyoming on May 8th. My parents live up in Hoschton and I could probably borrow some sticks from my dad.

The 2nd-7th would be ideal but I fly by the seat of my pants so don’t bank on anything from me. I’m a bogey plus golfer but can shoot in the 80s if I’m playing well and it’s a decent track.

I’m also trying to get LASIK surgery while I’m here and that could throw a wrench in my plans.
Hey, are you interested in playing still. Tried to send you a PM but it won’t let me.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Hope everyone is ready! We officially have 39 guys playing, which is a good bit more than last year. Here are the groups and detail so everyone knows and it makes it easier when we all show up. If you plan on going to Waffle House please make it known, that way if just one person plans to show up they don’t show up with no on else there. If for some reason I missed you please let me know, and if you cant make it please let me know.

Bears Best Atlanta (5342 Aldeburgh Drive, Suwanee, GA 30024)
August 21st @ 9:00AM
$70 plus tax (includes range balls)
Waffle House @ 7:00AM (545 Peachtree Industrial Blvd Suwannee, GA 30024)

Group 4: @GCdaJuiceMan @Silk3 another from a different site +1

Group 10: @FrytownJacket +1 and two others from a different site.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
So we had a few have to back out but also added a few. Because of trying to pair ages and playing ability’s I adjusted a few groups. Here are your guys holes y’all will be teeing off on. We currently have a group of 41 guys! the course wants to make sure we are there early so we can get to our tee boxes 10 minutes early to make sure we are able to tee off at 9:00.

@GCdaJuiceMan if you have someone you can bring please let me know. Your group currently has 3 guys.

@GCdaJuiceMan you will be starting on hole 16 with group B

@FrytownJacket you and your +1 will be on hole 14 to start.

@Silk3 you and your plus 1 will start on hole 18