1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Anguish and Anger from the Navy SEALS

Discussion in 'The Swarm Lounge' started by GTRambler, Dec 27, 2019.

1. GTRambler

GTRambler Helluva Engineer

2. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

3. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

Was able to read at least part of the summary via a CBS article. I will reiterate Womp Womp. So a jury heard all the evidence and rendered their verdict. These guys for some reason are outraged that Edward killed an ISIS fighter. I mean what the -? After reading this, it makes me think these guys who spoke up are in the wrong field of work.

4. MWBATL

MWBATL Helluva Engineer

Hmm, let me recall a Rose Garden ceremony for a certain "fighter" who later was charged with Desertion....yet was hailed as a hero on the Left......Bowe Bergdahl, in case anyone has forgotten....

QuickKick likes this.
  5. Tech93

Tech93 Helluva Engineer

An Islamic State Fighter (ISIS)...a vicious terrorist group intent on killing our soldiers and anyone who doesn’t believe in their crazy ideological beliefs. Just shaking my head that this even became such a huge issue, but the left ran with it, including the guys, who were offended by him, and targeted him. It happens in all walks of life, including the SEALs...people intent on ruining a guy’s career due to their feelings being hurt. The jury spoke and he was not found guilty, but The NY Times (liberal propaganda) continues their bs.

VintageWreck likes this.
  6. armeck

armeck Ramblin' Wreck

They also say he indiscriminately shot civilians for sport. He didn't just kill an ISIS fighter - he killed a POW that we were treating and taking into custody. The thing that is supposed to separate us from the animals.

7. armeck

armeck Ramblin' Wreck

He was hailed as a hero and a POW - then when the story came out after, he was held accountable and nobody praised him. What's your point?

8. armeck

armeck Ramblin' Wreck

These guys all testified that he did it in trial. Then one guy, who was granted immunity, gets on stand and instead of also testifying similarly - he confesses instead to the murder. That is why he was acquitted of the most serious charge and if you think that is on the up and up - man I don't know what to tell you.

9. LibertyTurns

LibertyTurns Helluva Engineer

The SEALs, as well as the other elite Special Forces communities are very cliquish. More so now that the OBL raid got so much attention for purely political gain and all this media is damaging the force. It was the worst possible scenario for a group of nearly invisible Warriors, regularly called upon to do our most critical missions under the most demanding circumstances. The SEAL leadership, specifically Bill McRaven owns this sorry chapter & the consequences of those actions. He hitched his wagon to a despicable administration and is complicit in the bad deeds.

People need to reflect upon our history & what has transpired the past 30 years has not been for the good. The current leadership of our forces cut their teeth 2 decades ago during the times of the peace dividend, the beginning of military social experimentation, etc. Diversity, breaking down barriers constructed for no reason other than to prevent opportunities were not good things & needed to go. Forced promotions, putting people in leadership positions unqualified to do the job were not good moves. We’re paying the price now.

Bill McRaven, an extremely intelligent and capable man, found himself at the pinnacle of success, however, fundamentally his & others weak leadership developed during one of the worst military periods in our history ultimately ushered in a generation that is incapable of performing at the professional levels we require. We see Navy ships having calamity after calamity, Aircraft Carriers so poorly maintained Carrier Strike Groups deploy without them. Air Force squadrons are so short of parts multiple aircraft become hangar queens, Army mechanized brigades unable to make it 50 miles, etc. Our forces have no morality, no esprit de corps & we’re more interested in whether or not everybody feels good instead of knowing what they’re doing & following the rules. And we see misbehavior on the battlefield potentially or worse people encouraging others to lie about it for political gain. Somebody knows but we’ll never know.

Makes you wonder who the force is taking their lead from, Congress? Mayors of sanctuary cities? The FBI who wantonly broke the law to target a political enemy-end justify the means? A Secretary of State that violated laws regarding handling classified material? The CIA that fabricated testimony and forwarded it along because they thought they’d never face the music? Our nation’s leadership is teaching our youth it’s ok to lie if it forwards your agenda. We elected these *******s so we own it too.

The bastards in DC all need to go. The damage they have done & are doing to our nation is widespread and pervasive. Oh they look so nice on tv, they say the right things, but ultimately they’re all cut from the same soiled cloth.

TechPreacher likes this.
  10. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

Well IIWII. Maybe we stop sending soldiers into war if we’re going to cry and complain when they kill people.

TechPreacher likes this.
  11. armeck

armeck Ramblin' Wreck

Wait. You are ok with our troops sniping random schoolgirls as they walk by? Because that is what these 6 other guys (Navy SEALS who clearly just can't take it) are saying he did.

12. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

If he did something like that, um, no. I was responding to the killing of ISIS fighters, which is what he was charged with.

why was he charged with killing ISIS fighters and not school girls?

13. kg01

kg01 Get-Bak! Coach Featured Member

Maybe he missed?

TechPreacher likes this.
  14. armeck

armeck Ramblin' Wreck

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your...esses-eddie-gallagher-shot-civilians-in-iraq/

Not sure why they didn't pursue this charge as well. Probably figured the pictures of him with the other body made a better case.

Also, it's disingenuous to say he was charged with killing an ISIS fighter. He was charged with killing an ISIS fighter who was injured, sedated, and fully captured and in custody.

15. gtpi

gtpi Helluva Engineer

thats how bwelbo and all those who are ok with this roll. ON BOTH SIDES OF THE AISLE.

16. ramblinwreckguru

ramblinwreckguru Helluva Engineer

IMHO, no ISIS fighter deserves to live, but that's just me I guess.

TechPreacher and bwelbo like this.
  17. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

Im not trying to be obtuse, I didn’t follow the case closely. I have a hard time believing he actually shot schoolgirls but wasn’t charged. In my life typically when something provocative like that is alleged, it ends up not being true. I have a hard time also believing a military guy would try to shoot schoolgirls, but was never able to hit his desired target. That doesn’t pass the straight face test either.

I do find it hard to have sympathy for the health and safety of terrorists. Even if they’re in custody. When you’ve seen innocent people and your military brothers shredded and mutilated by these people, I’m sure they’re not very happy about that. If we’re going to care about the well being of terrorists, like I said perhaps we need to stop going over there to fight them. War is ugly, and even the word ugly isn’t halfway fair.

In terms of the comment “that’s how I roll” in all Caps, I’m not sure what that meant. Maybe it’s a WrechinGT reincarnation of drive by turdings. I mean the dude said he didn’t do it and was acquitted in a court of law.

TechPreacher likes this.
  18. VintageWreck

VintageWreck Ramblin' Wreck

Thank you Liberty!!!
    Well said.

Drain the Swamp!!!

19. gtpi

gtpi Helluva Engineer

I say kill them all. How dare they get angry at us for coming into their back yard. burning down their house. Murdering the father. Raping the wife and daughters. And making a spectacle of killing the teen. We had every gd right to cut off heads an fingers for photo ops. That will teach them to attack America on our soil no less.

20. gtpi

gtpi Helluva Engineer

Weve murdered 22 million people since the end of ww2. in 37 victim nations. give or take

sorry but not something im proud of.

these days we no longer have heroes fighting in our wars. only victims an bullies. look for that seal to get a job with a police department somewhere.