Andrew Marshall

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
I haven't got to go back and watch all the game yet, but I have to say I was impressed with what I seen live from the true freshman in his first career game. Nice to get some young talent along the OL in here.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
I haven't got to go back and watch all the game yet, but I have to say I was impressed with what I seen live from the true freshman in his first career game. Nice to get some young talent along the OL in here.

I would agree. After I saw him in the game I watched him on a few plays, he moves exceptionally well. He is a keeper.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer

What about O'Reilly at C or RG as I have not seen him play. Hurt? Dog House? The lack of substituting in the heat in the OL is unexpected. (Plenty of subbing going on with D.) Same question with Devine although I noticed Joe got some PT. We have been complaining about OL depth forever and now that we have bodies we do not seem to be using them or developing any experience to use them. What gives? Looks like a couple of games of lost opportunity IMO.

stylee

Ramblin' Wreck
Featured Member
Marshall moves well, he just needs to get a little better at squaring up on his guy in open space to ensure a knockdown. I'm pleased with how he played.

Probably discussed in other threads, but Errin Joe came in. I guess this is the first time I've really seen him play. He's not the physical prototype,before sure, but he appears to be a strong kid. That may be moot if he's not in good enough shape to take a lot of snaps.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
This year we are Sprinkling in 5 or so true freshman per year from a recruiting class rated at 50 . Hope 1 starts, 3 contribute, and 2 get some real ( not garbage) time experience.
Next year increase by 2-3 with top 35.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
What about O'Reilly at C or RG as I have not seen him play. Hurt? Dog House? The lack of substituting in the heat in the OL is unexpected. (Plenty of subbing going on with D.) Same question with Devine although I noticed Joe got some PT. We have been complaining about OL depth forever and now that we have bodies we do not seem to be using them or developing any experience to use them. What gives? Looks like a couple of games of lost opportunity IMO.

My guess is that we wanted to play more OL in the first two games but have put the priority on getting experience for guys on D. We haven't been able to get the big enough, early enough, lead because of how we've been using our D to feel secure enough to get more guys in the mix. Just my guess.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Eric I have the same question about O'Reilly , I thought he was in a fight all fall for the center spot. I know they moved him ( or list him at guard now) is he going to stay there ?

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
My guess is that we wanted to play more OL in the first two games but have put the priority on getting experience for guys on D. We haven't been able to get the big enough, early enough, lead because of how we've been using our D to feel secure enough to get more guys in the mix. Just my guess.

Opportunity without risk to play O'Reilly and Devine in last 6 minutes in both games. Just didn't? Why risk Mason and Laskey in last 6 minutes? I like our coaches but do not understand the lack of O substituting, particularly with the heat and need to build some depth. I would hope there is a plan and not just lost opportunity.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder

The gap between the G backups from the starters is a good one at this time...but these are good questions to ask CPJ. Give him a call during his radio show tonight.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Eric I have the same question about O'Reilly , I thought he was in a fight all fall for the center spot. I know they moved him ( or list him at guard now) is he going to stay there ?

Yes unless there is a injury at C.