An idea to think about

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Is this REALLY about my comment that had no bearing on anything...or is it really about your deep seeded insecurities about our program? Your attacks on posters just because they make a statement that doesn't seem "pro GT" in YOUR OPINION is really getting old.
I'll say one more thing then let it go and I suggest you do the same, heck, I'll even let you get the last word. My point is that it is no big catastrophe we didn't land this kid. We don't appeal to everyone and that's ok. Hell, we don't appeal to most of them and that's ok, too. I'm fine with that. I'm sorry, but that doesn't exactly reveal insecurity. I'd say that shoe is on someone else's foot.

The floor is yours and I won't be responding. Good day.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I'll say one more thing then let it go and I suggest you do the same, heck, I'll even let you get the last word. My point is that it is no big catastrophe we didn't land this kid. We don't appeal to everyone and that's ok. Hell, we don't appeal to most of them and that's ok, too. I'm fine with that. I'm sorry, but that doesn't exactly reveal insecurity. I'd say that shoe is on someone else's foot.

Maybe if you didn't make a big deal out of a statement none this would be needed.

Good day to you as well, Sir.

Squints

Helluva Engineer

I think you get a lot of undeserved crap on the message boards but you really made an argument out of nothing here man. I think it's pretty clear that what he said was not intended as a dig at all.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I have zero interest in following his career outside of games he plays against GT. That is "if" those even occur.

Well great for you.. (that may also explain your myopic viewpoints)
I'm a fan of the sport so I follow kids and teams I find interesting wherever they play.

jchens_GT

Ramblin' Wreck
Justin Thomas = Joe Hamilton reincarnate
Paul Johnson = John Heisman reincarnate
Zach Laskey = Jon Dwyer reincarnate

What else can I post to rile some people up?

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Justin Thomas = Joe Hamilton reincarnate
Paul Johnson = John Heisman reincarnate
Zach Laskey = Jon Dwyer reincarnate

What else can I post to rile some people up?
How do you reincarnate guys who are still alive? (Heisman not included) Btw, Joe Hamilton and John Heisman have the same initials. If Dwyer's last name was Hyer, so would he.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
It is interesting how perspective changes whether a guy is playing for us or somebody else. Typically, if a TECH player who has yet to start gets that much praise on a GT board there will be a host of naysayers who insist that we are prematurely annointing a star who has proven nothing. When the same thing happens and the guy plays for somebody else, he gets pushed further up the pedestal.

Keep in mind, I am just making an observation, not condemning those who view future players with caution. Making kids prove it first is always a wise stance.

It boils down to perspective as you mentioned but I think there are other underlying reasons as well. We have 85 scholarship players + walk-ons and it's difficult enough to keep up with them. The last real memory we have of many recruits that go elsewhere is their star ranking and highlight films.

Others have mentioned that GT boards aren't much different than other boards, and I agree. As folks probably imagine I follow another school pretty closely. The only difference to me is trajectory of the program. If our on-field results were trending up we'd have more fans with confidence in future performance/developing players. Since we're not, it seems there's a proportional amount of skepticism as it relates to the program and individual players.