An Abomination on the Streets

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
So I'm driving down East Paces Ferry to day and a Lexus Urban Assault Vehicle passes me. As I looked at the rear of the thing, I saw it.

A Georgia state license plate with the University of Alabama football seal on it. And underneath the number the phrase "The University of Alabama". In red on a white field.

Ok, I understand that the state needs money and that people have a free choice for bespoke license plates. But I draw the line at having the state of Georgia putting the Bammer seal on anything official. You don't have to be a Dwag fan to take offense at anything Georgian referring to them. As a long-time (believe it) Tech fan, I loath the Tide above all other teams.

Who's with me!?!

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
So I'm driving down East Paces Ferry to day and a Lexus Urban Assault Vehicle passes me. As I looked at the rear of the thing, I saw it.

A Georgia state license plate with the University of Alabama football seal on it. And underneath the number the phrase "The University of Alabama". In red on a white field.

Ok, I understand that the state needs money and that people have a free choice for bespoke license plates. But I draw the line at having the state of Georgia putting the Bammer seal on anything official. You don't have to be a Dwag fan to take offense at anything Georgian referring to them. As a long-time (believe it) Tech fan, I loath the Tide above all other teams.

Who's with me!?!
I once saw an abomination;)i saw one of those 'House Divided" tags that was one half Georgia Tech and the other half Georgia:vomit:

Last edited:

Deleted member 2897

I really despise Alabama, because they do everything the wrong way. I swore I would never cheer for them, and if they played Georgie in the championship I would just hope the game got canceled. But after they beat Georgie the way they did, I have to admit I did shed a single tear of joy.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I think you can get any school specific tag in about any state as long as they have request for a minimum number of plates. Wonder what that number is in Ga?

If true, sad that GT can’t get that minimum number in Alabama, with so many great GT players coming from there. Just off top of my head - JT, Maxie Baughan, Dave Watson, Eddie Porter.