Amplified Band during the Game

Connor

Georgia Tech Fan
Did anyone else who attended the game notice or feel that the bass of our band was amplified? It was not always the case, but it sounded like lower chords on an organ being played- probably placing mics near the tubas.

I really liked it- it made our band sound much more intimidating and fulfilling in the stadium- you could feel it! It seemed like a noticeable change

Andewa

Jolly Good Fellow
There is a sub-woofer underneath the SWARM section. That started last season I believe. I feel it/hear it every game.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
ND had speakers behind the visiting side playing full sound (not just base). I believe it was so loud due to the speakers that it made our players head hurt. Someone needs to measure the volume for safety reasons.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Did anyone else who attended the game notice or feel that the bass of our band was amplified? It was not always the case, but it sounded like lower chords on an organ being played- probably placing mics near the tubas.

I really liked it- it made our band sound much more intimidating and fulfilling in the stadium- you could feel it! It seemed like a noticeable change

I liked the change of not having to hear that band announcer scream into the microphone.

katlong

Jolly Good Fellow
No matter what game you are watching on TV, the band is barely noticeable, but if you watch a TECH game - home or away - you can hear the band play consistently throughout the game. I think they are fulfilling their purpose in helping the audience cheer consistently and get riled up. I sit above them quite often and can't hear them as well as others in the stadium, but I'm glad they are playing constantly.

Andewa

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't think it would be an NCAA violation because the woofer only plays when the band does.