Amazon Smile to support GTAA

melloace

Jolly Good Fellow
With holiday shopping in full swing I thought it would be worth bringing that you can indirectly donate to the GTAA by using smile.amazon.com to make your amazon orders and selecting the GTAA as the program you wish to support. It's only 0.5% of eligible orders, but if everyone on the swarm use it those pennies could add up.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
With holiday shopping in full swing I thought it would be worth bringing that you can indirectly donate to the GTAA by using smile.amazon.com to make your amazon orders and selecting the GTAA as the program you wish to support. It's only 0.5% of eligible orders, but if everyone on the swarm use it those pennies could add up.
It's been a while so I thought this deserved a bump. Here's the report I just received:

"This is the quarterly notification to inform you that AmazonSmile has made a charitable donation to the charity you’ve selected, Georgia Tech Athletic Association, in the amount of $342.50 as a result of qualifying purchases made by you and other customers between January 1st-March 31st.

Thanks to customers shopping at smile.amazon.com or using the Amazon app with AmazonSmile turned ON, everyday purchases make an impact. So far, AmazonSmile has donated:

• $4,094.62 to Georgia Tech Athletic Association*"
This is a free service from Amazon; any fan who buys anything from Amazon can chip in...and every little bit helps. Seriously, this amount could be much more if everyone signed up.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Amazon announced that this program will be shutting down in February.
Amazon is going downhill. Prime shipping has gotten slower for a lot of items, usually not the cheapest option, lots of counterfeit or junk quality merchandise straight from alibaba, now this.