Always darkest before the dawn

JacketFan137

Banned
tech could be relevant next year in terms of the coastal. while it may seem like a distant hope we play in a VERY winnable division and there’s been a pretty huge talent departure from a bunch of teams.

we were in quite a few games this year in the acc and as a whole there’s a chance we play better.

do i expect it? honestly no, but it’s not like we have to get through bama or anything to win our division

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
tech could be relevant next year in terms of the coastal. while it may seem like a distant hope we play in a VERY winnable division and there’s been a pretty huge talent departure from a bunch of teams.

we were in quite a few games this year in the acc and as a whole there’s a chance we play better.

do i expect it? honestly no, but it’s not like we have to get through bama or anything to win our division

I honestly don’t see how we’ll be better. Our offense projects to be significantly worse with the majority of our OL snaps leaving along with Gibbs.

We’ll be learning a new defense with a new secondary. I guess it would be tough to be worse though.

Same head coach. I don’t think expect much improvement there.

I could see us knocking off a few Coastal teams. The O/U on wins is gonna be in the 3.0 neighborhood though with another tough schedule. Could see it being the under honestly if our OL is as bad as Im afraid it could be based on what we saw from the young guys this year (and the complete lack of progress we’ve seen there in 3 years).

JacketFan137

Banned
I honestly don’t see how we’ll be better. Our offense projects to be significantly worse with the majority of our OL snaps leaving along with Gibbs.

We’ll be learning a new defense with a new secondary. I guess it would be tough to be worse though.

Same head coach. I don’t think expect much improvement there.

I could see us knocking off a few Coastal teams. The O/U on wins is gonna be in the 3.0 neighborhood though with another tough schedule. Could see it being the under honestly if our OL is as bad as Im afraid it could be based on what we saw from the young guys this year (and the complete lack of progress we’ve seen there in 3 years).
two transfers are projected in and i think they are gonna be ok. ryan johnson at RT was such a liability on the team this year and almost singlehandedly derailed our offense in multiple games.

truly a lot of the predictions are under the guise of some of these young players being better. i think they can be better with the new staff but we’ll see

gibbs, cochran and mason are truly the only losses any one should care about. aside from them we had replaceable production in all the other departures spots

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck

“Hope springs eternal”….Alexander Pope & Die hard Ga Tech Fan

southernhive

Jolly Good Fellow
Its been dark for three years now. If it had been one or at the most two dark years, then fine. We just went through our third year of only 3 wins. I still can't see the Dawn on the horizon.

Jmonty71

Banned
Unfortunately dawn seems a long long time away! How long if ever will Tech be relevant even in the ACC?
Depends on which sport you are referring to. For almost every other sport, than football, GT seems to be pretty much in the mix. As for football? At least 2 more years, maybe 3. I forsee another abysmal season, next year. Sorry.. But, I think we win 3 or 4, maybe 5 games and I just don't think that will be enough to save Collins. I really think he is in bowl or bust mode, at this point. Chip Long may very be the next HC for GT.... I wished I had more faith in Collins... and I really want him to succeed. However; I just don't see it... I think our next HC is who makes GT a relavent team in the ACC. It's good we're in the ACC becuase, the whole conference is going through a transformation, so we won't be too far behind...

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Depends on which sport you are referring to. For almost every other sport, than football, GT seems to be pretty much in the mix. As for football? At least 2 more years, maybe 3. I forsee another abysmal season, next year. Sorry.. But, I think we win 3 or 4, maybe 5 games and I just don't think that will be enough to save Collins. I really think he is in bowl or bust mode, at this point. Chip Long may very be the next HC for GT.... I wished I had more faith in Collins... and I really want him to succeed. However; I just don't see it... I think our next HC is who makes GT a relavent team in the ACC. It's good we're in the ACC becuase, the whole conference is going through a transformation, so we won't be too far behind...
When Colllins was named I thought it was a miserable hire - two years HC at Temple with an average w-l record and what I thought from viewing two games from Youtube as a bad offense - but vowed I was going to keep my mouth shut and give him his chance with his "dream job". I was a Johnson fan, still am, but I always got it that not everybody likes his offense, and that he had troubles recruiting QBs for it, and would never get the great tailbacks. I think it is cool and my turn-on these days is Army, though Navy just squshed them like a bug. I mean, who can't admire a coach who in the midst of a "pass more" push, particularly on third down, notes if it is "just four or five yards I can run for that"?

I think I kept the faith, through a series of self-serving anti-Johnson quotes by Collins, including one about having the biggest rebuilding job in the history of college football. I figure a football coach has the right to be outrageously stupid at least once a season, but Collins pushes it. I was teetering and cracked before Georgia beat up on us, 55-0, but worse, acted sorry for us in the process. I don't want anybody's damn sympathy or pity. I want to compete and leave 'em with a bloody nose when it is over.

But it wasn't just Georgia. It seemed to be everybody. Now looking at the 2022 schedule, other than Duke and maybe Western Carolina, it looks hopeless. Winning three is optimistic and what does that say?

So it is time for Collins to go, and I don't care if the next coach runs a single wing or the ND box. Inspire the troops, fill them with hope and enthusiasm, get them playing hard on every play, bring the passion back. But Collins has to be on the next bus out of town, back to his new job every two years routine. Seven years of this guy wipes out, erases, Georgia Tech football. Clemson might be do that in the first game. I am beyond dejected.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
When Colllins was named I thought it was a miserable hire - two years HC at Temple with an average w-l record and what I thought from viewing two games from Youtube as a bad offense - but vowed I was going to keep my mouth shut and give him his chance with his "dream job". I was a Johnson fan, still am, but I always got it that not everybody likes his offense, and that he had troubles recruiting QBs for it, and would never get the great tailbacks. I think it is cool and my turn-on these days is Army, though Navy just squshed them like a bug. I mean, who can't admire a coach who in the midst of a "pass more" push, particularly on third down, notes if it is "just four or five yards I can run for that"?

I think I kept the faith, through a series of self-serving anti-Johnson quotes by Collins, including one about having the biggest rebuilding job in the history of college football. I figure a football coach has the right to be outrageously stupid at least once a season, but Collins pushes it. I was teetering and cracked before Georgia beat up on us, 55-0, but worse, acted sorry for us in the process. I don't want anybody's damn sympathy or pity. I want to compete and leave 'em with a bloody nose when it is over.

But it wasn't just Georgia. It seemed to be everybody. Now looking at the 2022 schedule, other than Duke and maybe Western Carolina, it looks hopeless. Winning three is optimistic and what does that say?

So it is time for Collins to go, and I don't care if the next coach runs a single wing or the ND box. Inspire the troops, fill them with hope and enthusiasm, get them playing hard on every play, bring the passion back. But Collins has to be on the next bus out of town, back to his new job every two years routine. Seven years of this guy wipes out, erases, Georgia Tech football. Clemson might be do that in the first game. I am beyond dejected.
You have to look for some positives to persevere. Consider this - every morning when you wake up, thank God that you have lived to see another day and that we are one day closer to the end of the Collins era…