Alvin Kamara transfer... (@A_kamara6)

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Actually, I never knew a single person that got arrested during my High School or College days. Maybe I just hung around a better crowd.

Sure there are many more of "us" out here...
"If you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas." -Ben Franklin, Poor Richards's Almanack (No, I'm not talking about the puppies in Athens)

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I think the only talk of this kid coming to Tech is from the fans. I haven't hear anything to indicate our coaches have made contact with him. I'm ok with that. Also ok if he ends up in orange and purple.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Here is what he tweeted about it

"Lol y'all actin like somebody died cause my seatbelt was off. lock me up, Guantanamo Bay so I can't hurt nobody else. I'm a criminal."

What's that saying, "Small things lead to bigger things."

People use it to describe opportunity and success, but it also works the other way around. As I said, hopefully Kamara understands the opportunity he has in front of him and doesn't fall back on the mentality that he's a great athlete and everyone will think the same and give him more leeway. That's not how the world works.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
Derrick Morgan had problems with his license after Tech as well. In fact, so did my preacher's son, who's a good guy. It doesn't necessarily mean there are bigger character problems.

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
dressedcheesesid: There is a good point in your reply. I have seen many of the posters lambast Tech and the "Hill" for its focus on education. While it is reasonalble that Calculus does not need to be a prerequisite to all degrees, we surely don't want to blame recruiting on education at Tech. It is worth using the great opportunities of a good education at Tech as a selling point for those players wishing to attend a good educational facility.

gtdrew

Banned
dressedcheesesid: There is a good point in your reply. I have seen many of the posters lambast Tech and the "Hill" for its focus on education. While it is reasonalble that Calculus does not need to be a prerequisite to all degrees, we surely don't want to blame recruiting on education at Tech. It is worth using the great opportunities of a good education at Tech as a selling point for those players wishing to attend a good educational facility.
You can think this, but you'd be incorrect. Calculus has been used as a weapon against Tech for longer than I've been alive. It's probably one of the two or three most effective means of negative recruiting a coach can use against Georgia Tech. Even if a kid is smart enough to do the work, why bust your hump if you don't need to? Why not use that effort on the football field....

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
You can think this, but you'd be incorrect. Calculus has been used as a weapon against Tech for longer than I've been alive. It's probably one of the two or three most effective means of negative recruiting a coach can use against Georgia Tech. Even if a kid is smart enough to do the work, why bust your hump if you don't need to? Why not use that effort on the football field....

fwiw, I'm not how many people realize that a significant number of normal high school kids graduate without being ready to take calculus as far as having sufficient high school math, let alone want to take it on because of difficulty.

Animal02

Banned
fwiw, I'm not how many people realize that a significant number of normal high school kids graduate without being ready to take calculus as far as having sufficient high school math, let alone want to take it on because of difficulty.

I had a intro to Calc. in H.S. it enabled me to squeak by the first quarter......it took me 4 more to get through the 2nd and 3rd qtrs. :facepalm:

Animal02

Banned

I know the Arch. College used it as a road block......you could not take certain levels of studio without passing particular calc. classes. Caused a lot to drop out or Arch. over time. :eek:

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I was an honors graduate in high school and never took Calculus till GT. The highest math I had in hs was trig. The guy sitting next to me in Calc at GT said that first qtr was the entire senior year of Calculus in hs. Needless to say I took it twice. Now imagine your typical blue chip football player...