Alvin Kamara transfer... (@A_kamara6)

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
What does Dabo tell these kids?

Clemson students, alumni and the general population in upstate SC live for Clemson football. Dabo taps into that enthusiasm. He is a very good recruiter given his life story and ability to relate with most players and families. {He can't coach very well but that's why the AA bought a very good OC and DC. Clemson has a great thing going and should give FSU a fight next year for Atlantic.}

If we had Clemson type of fan support, we'd recruit better. It is what it is.

PowderSpringsJacket88

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Dabo is passionate and is a great guy. CPJ have gone on vacation together too...

He is old school and appreciates what he got out of CFB and wants to pass it along. Any school would be lucky to hire Dabo. He is really starting to figure things out as a HC. Remember he is new to the game as a HC.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Clemson would be a great fit. So would North Carolina.
Wish he would consider GT but that's not happening.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Yep I like Dabo
He also knows to hire good assistants.
They taking a step back next year tho

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
Dabo understands the hardships many of these kids have endured while growing up. He probably has the ability to separate the kids who are sincere and wants and opportunity from those who only thinks of themselves. As another has stated, his background has given him a human compassion for those who need a father-figure and someone who understands their needs. I think he meshes well with the kids, but I agree he does not have the pedigree of a great coaching mind. However, as another has stated, he does seem to have the ability to get good assistants.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Clemson has always recruited well. This is just not all of a sudden. Their defensive line has always been massive and good. Clemson and FSU are probably two of the closest to the SEC in unlimited recruiting restrictions of all the ACC teams.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
This. I think VPI oversigns and quietly pushes guys out more than any other ACC team.
Agree vt is more sec than clemson. Fsu and miami as well

Nc state has no restrictions but sucks so hard to call them sec but they are like loiusville as in close

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Speaking of transfers, we should take a look at this guy.

http://college-football.si.com/2014/02/06/cody-riggs-florida-transfer/?eref=sihp
Riggs said that he plans to attend graduate business school and pursue either an MBA or other business degree. He’s currently finishing his degree in Family Youth and Community Sciences, studying for the GMATs and doing an internship at a Boys & Girls Club in Gainesville.

Riggs sees going elsewhere for graduate school as a chance to expand his network. Riggs is the son of former NFL All-Pro running back Gerald Riggs. Cody Riggs said he grew up around a non-profit organization his parents started — Florida Youth Track and Field.

“I want to impact my community with that degree,” he said. “When a student that isn’t an athlete goes somewhere else for graduate school, they’re applauded. Same for coaches when they leave a school and it’s better for their family and future. When an athlete does it, though, it’s viewed as a problem.”

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
This. I think VPI oversigns and quietly pushes guys out more than any other ACC team.

Actually FSU was the "worst" for the four years ending 2011. VT was more in the upper middle. I think that earlier - like 2004-2008 VT did oversign a lot more.

I'll update this in the next month with a bunch of other recruiting stuff. The columns on the far right are the four year total recruits according to Scout.

Attachments

• NCAA Number of Recruits over 4 year period - details 2 February 2014.pdf
    18.9 KB · Views: 28