Alumni discount for 3-pack

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
I got this email through the alumni association for a discounted 3-pack for this season. Pretty good deal and includes UGA game. It just uses a promo code, so looks like any GT fan could use this: GTALUMNI

Or I bet they would take care of you if you call the ticket office. Just wanted to share in case anyone else is interested. My co-worker ended up buying a pair.

unnamed.jpeg

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
And what do they do to reward long term AT contributors?

Nothing. I called last week about special dispensation as a 30 plus year AT contributor for tickets to the UNC game--I thought they might do me one favor for years of loyalty. Alexander level contributor.

Nope. I was told I'd be in the fourth bucket when single game tickets went on sale. That's all.

I can tell multiple stories of broken promises by the AA to friends of mine. They don't do much to build loyalty.

Academic side is no better. I am also a parent of a student. They ask for money constantly from parents, but offer no benefits, just blatant solicitation. I have another child at another school and the parents association offers all kinds of benefits (and advice) to parent members. ,

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer

Nothing. I called last week about special dispensation as a 30 plus year AT contributor for tickets to the UNC game--I thought they might do me one favor for years of loyalty. Alexander level contributor.

Nope. I was told I'd be in the fourth bucket when single game tickets went on sale. That's all.

I can tell multiple stories of broken promises by the AA to friends of mine. They don't do much to build loyalty.

Academic side is no better. I am also a parent of a student. They ask for money constantly from parents, but offer no benefits, just blatant solicitation. I have another child at another school and the parents association offers all kinds of benefits (and advice) to parent members. ,
I am OK with long term AT contributors getting priority access to mutt tickets as well as alumni. Just do everything possible to get more GT fans there than mutt fans. I know that season ticket holders had access to purchase mutt tickets, and I would assume that a large percentage of AT contributors do have football season tickets but I don't know for sure. I do know some who have basketball season tickets but not football, so maybe I am completely wrong.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer

I emailed a GTAA administrator a few years ago to show comparisons between IPTAY and ERK fund (Ga Sou) vs our benefits chart. I received a call the next day and was told, after a good discussion, that "most" donors want more money going to the program vs swag. Both Clempson and Ga Sou give tshirts and hats once you give $60. At $100 we get a car decal.....hate it but its a mentality they have. I would recommend emailing and in a polite way, airing complaints. Bitching on here will never solve anything, but enough professional grown-up discussions and emails might.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
I emailed a GTAA administrator a few years ago to show comparisons between IPTAY and ERK fund (Ga Sou) vs our benefits chart. I received a call the next day and was told, after a good discussion, that "most" donors want more money going to the program vs swag. Both Clempson and Ga Sou give tshirts and hats once you give $60. At $100 we get a car decal.....hate it but its a mentality they have. I would recommend emailing and in a polite way, airing complaints. Bitching on here will never solve anything, but enough professional grown-up discussions and emails might.
I recall this being discussed on here before and you are right, a lot of people want to not have their donation "wasted" on cheap swag. I think its was in regards to the 404 hats.

Personally, I think most of the swag they send out for these things IS crap that I don't want, so I tend to agree to not waste money on it. But if it was a decent t-shirt then I'd probably be happy I got it.

calvin forever

Georgia Tech Fan
Is there any reason for non-alumni fans not to use the OP’s link? Because it seems to allow you to complete the checkout process without verifying alumni status 🤷‍♂️

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
Should be a jailable offense.

imagine how it feels to have to call you Mutt friend to see if he is using his tickets, in our stadium ! sad that on two occasions I had to rely on Mutt fans to get tickets to see my own team in their home stadium.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
I would personally rather have more money going to the program vs cheap swag. On the other hand, I thought the 404 hat campaign was successful. Obviously a cost/benefit analysis should be done to determine if giving away cheap swag at low levels of donations helps or hurts the ultimate amount raised.

presjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I got this email through the alumni association for a discounted 3-pack for this season. Pretty good deal and includes UGA game. It just uses a promo code, so looks like any GT fan could use this: GTALUMNI

Or I bet they would take care of you if you call the ticket office. Just wanted to share in case anyone else is interested. My co-worker ended up buying a pair.

View attachment 10862
If any GT fan could use the code, then anyone reading this public forum could use the code, including gaggers.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
As a career marketer, I disagree with the AA’s approach. It’s the concept of reciprocality. Donating to Alabama gets you the annual football guide, great polo and ball cap. All high quality.

My guess is they just don’t want the hassle. Someone has to administer the program and if they don’t have the body, it can be a distraction.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
As a career marketer, I disagree with the AA’s approach. It’s the concept of reciprocality. Donating to Alabama gets you the annual football guide, great polo and ball cap. All high quality.

My guess is they just don’t want the hassle. Someone has to administer the program and if they don’t have the body, it can be a distraction.
All season ticket accounts should receive a media guide and a free coke per ticket per game at a minimum.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
My guess is they just don’t want the hassle.

I think you have captured the very essence of the GTAA experience in my lifetime of dealing with them starting in the late 70's. They always leave me with the impression that every interaction with their customers is a "hassle" that disrupts their game of solitaire or online shopping. Their customer relations is on par with the DMV or the IRS or the equivalent. I think TS is aware of this and is working to change it but progress to date has not been significant.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
I think you have captured the very essence of the GTAA experience in my lifetime of dealing with them starting in the late 70's. They always leave me with the impression that every interaction with their customers is a "hassle" that disrupts their game of solitaire or online shopping. Their customer relations is on par with the DMV or the IRS or the equivalent. I think TS is aware of this and is working to change it but progress to date has not been significant.

I agree!

And it's easy enough to put a 'I don't want the swag' button/checkbox on the contribution form for those who don't want their money wasted on swag. It's quite simply stupid and poor management to not stay competitive in these types of things. It seems like it wasn't such a bad idea for Clemson to 'waste' money on IPTAY stickers...

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
I agree! They should also have special lanes for STH's to enter the stadium.
That was in the huge questionnaire that they sent out recently about premium packages, where you would want to sit and what amenities you would want. They are working on it obviously.