All we can do now

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
All we can do now is say a prayer every time the offense drops back to pass. If we couldn't block Duke , how are we going to block FSU,Clemson,VT, Miami, UNC, and UGA? We're looking at a team that could easily lose 8 games. The bowl streak is at stake this season if we don't fix some MAJOR MAJOR blocking problems.
We couldn't block Duke last year but blocked the others quite well besides Clemson. The problem is they are down on themselves, we need to pick them up not put them down.

We couldn't block Duke last year but blocked the others quite well besides Clemson. The problem is they are down on themselves, we need to pick them up not put them down.
Why do most of you guys on this board love to refer back to previous years to compare ? Yea,if we had back the 9 players from offense last year, we would have won the past two games. We still have a good core of guys that can help rebound but guys, I think the poor recruiting is starting to show a little bit. We will bounce back in a few years with another good season like last(maybe not as good) but EXPECT to win 6-8 games this year. Ga Tech has never and will never be a top 15 team on a year in and year out bases.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Why do most of you guys on this board love to refer back to previous years to compare ? Yea,if we had back the 9 players from offense last year, we would have won the past two games. We still have a good core of guys that can help rebound but guys, I think the poor recruiting is starting to show a little bit. We will bounce back in a few years with another good season like last(maybe not as good) but EXPECT to win 6-8 games this year. Ga Tech has never and will never be a top 15 team on a year in and year out bases.
Talking negatively about the program all the time doesn't help out in recruiting either. Yea we have had a rough start, but we have a lot of talent and just need some people to step up. Whether they do or not is up to them but I'm gonna be optimistic and say someone does and the rest follows.

Talking negatively about the program all the time doesn't help out in recruiting either. Yea we have had a rough start, but we have a lot of talent and just need some people to step up. Whether they do or not is up to them but I'm gonna be optimistic and say someone does and the rest follows.
Talking negative is more like "being realistic about the current situation ". I get criticized more than most on this site for being as you say negative. I am singled out more than others but I'm okay with that. Ga Tech football will never be at the top of college football on a year in and year out bases. I got bashed last weekend during the ND game for basically telling the honest truth about the program. I would be very shocked to see Tech win double digits again with CPJ as the head coach. I think he his a tad bit above average coach at this level. If you don't believe me, just check his record against FBS schools. The one good thing that I will give the guy credit for , he actually wants to stay at Tech. Most up and coming coaches would bolt for a factory school if offered.

Georgia Tech is right where those recruiting rankings say for most part #50. Every once in awhile, you will see Tech get going and beat some good teams but, for most years , we will lose to the factory schools. I don't care who the coach is! It's part of it. Until the Institution decides that football is more important than the class room, GT will never be a NC contender.

Had to vent just for a minute. Nothing was directed towards you , please don't take it that way.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Talking negative is more like "being realistic about the current situation ". I get criticized more than most on this site for being as you say negative. I am singled out more than others but I'm okay with that. Ga Tech football will never be at the top of college football on a year in and year out bases. I got bashed last weekend during the ND game for basically telling the honest truth about the program. I would be very shocked to see Tech win double digits again with CPJ as the head coach. I think he his a tad bit above average coach at this level. If you don't believe me, just check his record against FBS schools. The one good thing that I will give the guy credit for , he actually wants to stay at Tech. Most up and coming coaches would bolt for a factory school if offered.

Georgia Tech is right where those recruiting rankings say for most part #50. Every once in awhile, you will see Tech get going and beat some good teams but, for most years , we will lose to the factory schools. I don't care who the coach is! It's part of it. Until the Institution decides that football is more important than the class room, GT will never be a NC contender.

Had to vent just for a minute. Nothing was directed towards you , please don't take it that way.
Fair enough but I do not think its the level of talent that cost us the past two games, I think it's more the level of effort and leadership which are not a part of the recruiting ranking evaluation system. We just have to have that chip on our shoulder again. It seems like we were out to prove to everyone that we were a legit program, offense and team last year. Now that everyone was raving about us it's like we got what we wanted.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I don't think it's that. We've been hit pretty hard by graduation, attrition and injury. Also, remember that neither of our NFL wr's from last year were recruited as wr's. One was a converted db and the other a converted baseball player. All those Abacks were grizzled 5th vets who could knock down defenders with their eyes closed. Both Bbacks were seniors, too. We have none of that now. On top of that we lost our best lineman EVER who we depended on EVERY time we absolutely needed yards last year.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
I don't think it's that. We've been hit pretty hard by graduation, attrition and injury. Also, remember that neither of our NFL wr's from last year were recruited as wr's. One was a converted db and the other a converted baseball player. All those Abacks were grizzled 5th vets who could knock down defenders with their eyes closed. We have none of that now. On top of that we lost our best lineman EVER who we depended on EVERY time we absolutely needed yards last year.

Cheese, remember Smelter WAS recruited as a football player. He chose baseball but he was actively recruited by the football staff.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Cheese, remember Smelter WAS recruited as a W/R. He chose baseball but he was actively recruit by the football staff.
My point to the guy I responded to is we lucked into him, we didn't sign him as a wr out of hs so our recruiting hasn't taken a step back because we don't have another Smelter type player to fill the void.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
My point to the guy I responded to is we lucked into him, we didn't sign him as a wr out of hs so our recruiting hasn't taken a step back because we don't have another Smelter type player to fill the void.

I understand what you're saying but for some reason it's gotten legs that Smelter wasn't a FOOTBALL recruit at all.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
I'm there for every game in SWARM! Go Jackets!!

I envy you; the SWARM did not exist when I was at Tech. For all that some folks complain about the student section participation, the SWARM looks like an exciting place to be a student fan. Cherish the experience...