Contributing Writer
QB- Joe Ham, JeT
RB- Choice, Dwyer, PJ Daniels
WR- Megatron, Bebe
Te- Tom Covington
K- Butker
Flex- Clinton Lynch- Dont @ me... Lynch was a monster in space
OL- Brent Key, Shaq Mason, Shamire Devine, Parker Braun, Big Ray Beno

Defense gotta be 1990. And I gotta get my guy @Ibeeballin in there too.

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck
forensic,

I like that you put David Lutz as a favorite tackle. I got to know him while we were in school. Great guy and he saved my bacon at the Mad Hatter one Wednesday night. So obviously he tops my list. Had a great pro career.

My favorite receiver is Jucky Burnes. Played during the Pepper years. Rarely saw the ball, but we played high school ball together ( SWD state champs 1972!)

Lucious Sanford as LB. Was at a game, Duke I think, and I thought he hit the QB so hard it killed him. Heard the pop in the East Upper Deck. Viscous lick.

Best defense was O'Leary's 1990. Made plays when it counted.

Damn, you just made me feel old, or maybe young. Drink and Drown at the Mad Hatter!!!

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Slugboy, your list is good but there are 3 guys (at least) in addition to ELI from the Pepper years that HAVE to be on the list imo...Kent Hill, Drew Hill and Lucious.
Yup. Leaving Lucius Sanford off his list is a crime. Sneezy was a good player, but has no business on an "all-time" list.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Yup. Leaving Lucius Sanford off his list is a crime. Sneezy was a good player, but has no business on an "all-time" list.
You mean the guy with the school record for sacks doesn't belong on an all-time list? We're going to have to agree to disagree there.

slugboy

Staff member

I was going to put him on at DE, but he was technically a linebacker in a 3-4.
Attachou is our all-time sack leader. If I’d done an EDGE category, he’d have fit in there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

croberts

Ramblin' Wreck
QB - S. Jones, J Hamilton;
WR - Drew Hill, Dez White;
RB - Eddie Lee Ivory, Jon Dwyer; (Tony Hollins would surely be here if he was not injured)
Flex - Kelly Cambell;
Lineman - 1990 Nat Championship Line and Shaq Mason
1977 was top heavy with talent more than any team I recall . Drew Hill, All Pro Kent Hill, Al Richardson with several years with the Falcons, the best LB I’ve seen in my 63 years ((Lucius Sanford) an unbelievable athlete Mackle Harris at outside LB (9.6 100 yd state champion) Reggie Wilkes with multi year pro career and Don Bessillou also a multi year Miami Dolphin. Any of these guys could match up well and deserve strong consideration. And did I mention the best RB in Tech history (ELI).

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Big John Davis (The Refrigerator Mover) made two all-American teams in his junior and senior seasons, '85 and '86 at OG.
Eight years in the pros, played in a few Super Bowls. He might make the team.

And few remember Pete Brown, but he made all-American at center in either '51 or '52.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
What happens later in the pros is irrelevant.

I agree somewhat, but on the other hand a long and productive career in the pros might mean he was even better than was acknowledged in college, too. Especially relevant for linemen who don't get quite the notice of the "skill position'" players.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Big John Davis (The Refrigerator Mover) made two all-American teams in his junior and senior seasons, '85 and '86 at OG.
Eight years in the pros, played in a few Super Bowls. He might make the team.

And few remember Pete Brown, but he made all-American at center in either '51 or '52.

And I forgot to mention John Davis was freshman all-American, too. Imagine him and Shaq manning your guard positions.