All-time All ACC

gtwcf

Ramblin' Wreck
I think Dwyer probably should've gotten some looks, but I get the feeling the James Connor cancer story hurts his cause. Derrick Morgan and Greg Gathers probably lose some ground due to recency and both not having 4 years of stats (for different reasons).

And I think their LB picks are a bit all over the place. They missed a few FSU and Miami stalwarts and Daryl Smith and Phillip Wheeler probably should've gotten more than glance.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I think Durant Brooks probably got jobbed here too. That dude was a legit weapon as a punter, and that’s pretty rare to see. I was shocked he didn’t really pan out in the NFL, he seemed like a sure thing.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
No Shaq Mason surprised me. Looking at the difference between the 14 and 15 offensive lines shows just how valuable he was.

Yeah that was the other one that stuck out to me too. They had other OL from his era, even though he was the best in the conference in his era and his lines set some records.

Ryan

Georgia Tech Fan
Yeah that was the other one that stuck out to me too. They had other OL from his era, even though he was the best in the conference in his era and his lines set some records.

Heck, first team all-american in 2014, not just the best in the conference. I don't know enough about it to say he should definitely be first team, but it seems like he should occupy one of the 6 spots on the list.

GTZachary

Jolly Good Fellow
I don’t think I’d put Lamar Jackson over guys like Weinke, Rivers and Hamilton. I know he’s got numbers, but offense is different now. Wilson, Winston and Ryan arguably as well.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
I don’t think I’d put Lamar Jackson over guys like Weinke, Rivers and Hamilton. I know he’s got numbers, but offense is different now. Wilson, Winston and Ryan arguably as well.

If wilson has stayed at NCSU he might have had an argument. That taints it for me. Ryan’s a good one. Put BC on the map again and they’ve been generally horrendous since.

slugboy

Staff member

I’d put Jackson in over Weinke. I remember Weinke being in a loaded team, with a great offensive line and all day to throw. The difference between Louisville with and without Jackson is night and day. Weinke didn’t have that kind of impact to his team. Jackson made things happen.
Plus, Jackson is game changer in the NFL, and Weinke wasn’t. I realize this is about the ACC, but that says something about what kind of a quarterback each one is/was.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk