All Decade Team voting, link in 1st comment

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
Was there a place to vote for OL that played 3 positions in the same drive multiple times... LOL. There are a lot of great GT lettermen on that list. Everyone I have meet in person are great men. Having the opportunity to tailgate in the RV lot, I got to meet a lot of guys from the past. Everyone was first class.

Jacketman

Jolly Good Fellow
Days over Laskey is kinda confusing given that Laskey did it for more than one year, but I could be talked in to it. Ahmarean Brown on the 2nd team is surprising because he has played one season and had games where he wasn't used(not necessarily his fault). Mitchell and Curry are kinda puzzling as well.

White_Gold

GT Athlete
The other picks are ok, I guess. Ahmarean Brown probably deserves to be on the 1st team list after this season. Sweeting deserves to be on the list over Golden. No Rashaad Reid either? The guy started almost every single game since being a freshman in 08. He's probably the most deserving out of anyone that got snubbed. Finch is probably deserving over Burden as well.

White_Gold

GT Athlete
Was there a place to vote for OL that played 3 positions in the same drive multiple times... LOL. There are a lot of great GT lettermen on that list. Everyone I have meet in person are great men. Having the opportunity to tailgate in the RV lot, I got to meet a lot of guys from the past. Everyone was first class.

I don't think I've met any former players that weren't classy guys.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
No way Stewart over Jeune. Stewart was solid, but he didn’t have near the impact Jeune did. Stewart had some clutch catches but also had some drops that really cost us (Miami in 2017 comes to mind).

bos

Helluva Engineer
No way Stewart over Jeune. Stewart was solid, but he didn’t have near the impact Jeune did. Stewart had some clutch catches but also had some drops that really cost us (Miami in 2017 comes to mind).

I agree. Not sure how you can put Stewart over Jeune when they played together and Ricky was the #1 receiver every year with far superior stats.

Stewart did return punts and did small things well, but Jeune was more significant to the team being the 3rd down target and red zone threat.

Career stats:

Jeune - 33 games played, 74 rec, 1492 yards, 11 TDs
Stewart- 40 games played, 45 rec, 842 yards, 4 TDs

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I also would have Waller way ahead of Jeune, that's just me.

Darren Waller is having a heck of a year in the NFL...but people often forget he wasn't that productive at GT. He was actually our second best receiver on the team his last two seasons after Deandre Smelter. Had Smelter not gotten hurt, I would venture to say Waller's senior season stats would be more modest. After Smelter got hurt was the only time Waller was our top target.

For Waller's career: 33 Games - 51 receptions - 971 yards - 9 TDs

Overall, Jeune had the better career at GT.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
I agree. Not sure how you can put Stewart over Jeune when they played together and Ricky was the #1 receiver every year with far superior stats.

Stewart did return punts and did small things well, but Jeune was more significant to the team being the 3rd down target and red zone threat.

Career stats:

Jeune - 33 games played, 74 rec, 1492 yards, 11 TDs
Stewart- 40 games played, 45 rec, 842 yards, 4 TDs

Stewart was a hell of a blocker as well. So was juene but Stewart was rarely out of position to block. That plays into it as well not just receiving stats.

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
This just solidified my belief in Johnson as an offensive genius. This is an all decade team and there just isn’t a lot of talent. Very few played at the next level. To deny Johnson’s ability as a coach is foolish.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
This just solidified my belief in Johnson as an offensive genius. This is an all decade team and there just isn’t a lot of talent. Very few played at the next level. To deny Johnson’s ability as a coach is foolish.

When Johnson was afforded the same support relative to his peers without restrictions he won national titles. I have little doubt he would have won one at a school like auburn. I also thi k if he had still had the drad buy in 2014 would have not been a peak. People really don't get how hamstrung he was under bobinski