Alabama St

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Rough game 1. Let's avoid elimination, and prove we're the superior stinging insect in this regional.

Does Grissom take the mound, or do we throw Huff and save Grissom for Sunday?
I wanted Grissom to go today. But now I'd hold him to Sunday. He's the best pitcher of late. Any chance to advance requires getting the win tomorrow without using him up.

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
I agree. I think that we need to start McGuire tomorrow, but I honestly don't know. I think I'd be sick if we lost tomorrow and Grissom never got a chance to pitch.
Maybe McGuire with a quick hook, and Maxwell can step in if needed?

I agree with the idea of 'pitch your starters' but I just don't see how we make it past Sunday without Grissom.

Juanita

Georgia Tech Fan
Counting down...I like Grissom; he's my favorite. But, I understand the pros/cons of allowing him to pitch today. Let's play ball!! Vols are on fire. Go, Jackets!!!

GT33

Helluva Engineer
That’s the right move. We’ll all be sick if Grissom never pitches but we need to focus on winning the Regional. Blowing him today would not be a good move. I’d actually be inclined to hold him until Tennesse.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
That’s the right move. We’ll all be sick if Grissom never pitches but we need to focus on winning the Regional. Blowing him today would not be a good move. I’d actually be inclined to hold him until Tennesse.
Well... we should all be Camel fans tonight. Having to beat UT only once (w Grissom) would be ideal.

slugboy

Staff member
We might just pull this off

F3CD4502-727F-4ABA-9840-0076597E183C.jpeg

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
Nice to watch a comfortable win. Hopefully portends good things to come for the bats. 10 run leads cover a lot of pitching flaws.