AJC's preseason Football depth chart

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I think one undiscussed take away from our spring game was greater discipline from the DL with respect to lanes.

Given the chowder from others, I'll post like I slept in a holiday inn express: our DL will be a strength of our team. Kallon and Gamble will have people talking. Glanton and CergeHenderson will give breathers without much droppoff.

Imo, Rook's biggest problem arose from coaching tactics. He'll make a name for himself this year.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Will be interesting if any freshman ending up cracking the Two Deep by the last week of August.

At least we've been tossed a bone to chew on until Practice starts back up in just over a week.

Mills is very likely, especially with Leggett gone. No other true freshmen candidates by end of August but Braun is a possibility later in the season, depending on C Griffin IMO.
There are some RS freshmen who could emerge in the two deep: Glanton, Cottrell, Philpott, and the Morgans.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Mills is very likely, especially with Leggett gone. No other true freshmen candidates by end of August but Braun is a possibility later in the season, depending on C Griffin IMO.
There are some RS freshmen who could emerge in the two deep: Glanton, Cottrell, Philpott, and the Morgans.

Really going out on a limb given that Mills, Glanton, and both Morgans are on the op's 2deep. (y)

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Really going out on a limb given that Mills, Glanton, and both Morgans are on the op's 2deep. (y)
There will be changes to the op's list based on Fall Camp. I am suggesting that Mills, Glanton, and the Morgans will stay on the 2 depth list through August.

You can add Dotson or Walker and maybe Curry to the RS list.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Not worried about the defense. I don't ever hope for them to be good, as long as they aren't Al Groh bad, I think the most concerning this is OL play. If they improve and the AB's don't miss every block, we should outscore 7 teams on our schedule. To get more wins than that we will need all three phases to come together. I think we'll have that for an extra game or two. Maybe we get to 9-3. Should be a fun year.

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck
Let's back up a couple of steps and see what comes into focus on defense. Depth. Maybe short on experience, but there's some depth. By mid-October, this might be a pretty solid group, especially if a freshman or two step up like Mitchell did last year and Freeman the year before. We might have a 4th qtr pass rush.

On offense, I've given up analyzing the OL. Two years ago, I thought we might have one solid player, Mason. Last year, I was sure we had 4. This year I think we have 1.5 solid and a couple of cage fighters. Give me a BBack that hits the hole as quick as Laskey or as hard as Days, and the offense begins to look OK because we should have some speed on the edge and we have a proven QB. We get back to converting those third and threes, and CPJ becomes a genius again.

I still can't decide if last year was a series of near misses or a dumpster fire. College football is all about momentum and confidence. We had neither by mid season because of the near misses. Then the dumpster caught fire, and the smoke made it hard to see anything. We were up 21-0 on UNC in the first half and up by 10 in the 4th qtr IIRC, and they won the division. A brain fart (again) cost us the VT game. Duke only got a couple of 1st downs after the first qtr. I swear I left South Bend and Clemson thinking that with a couple of breaks we could have stolen those games.

Chemistry, chemistry, chemistry. That might be the most important thing in a TO offense. That doesn't show up on a depth chart.